• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problems with my mcx 190 viper help

Jord05

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper mtx162 mcx190 turbo
Just bought this sled at the end of last year I'm very new to turbos and Yamaha sleds been riding Polaris my whole life but was sick of rebuilding motor, so just wondering why my boost gauge reads negative well the sled is in the air and I hit the throttle a couple times? Also why would it shut off like it did in the video ? Thanks also and thing speacial to know about turbos thanks

Just bought this sled at the end of last year I'm very new to turbos and Yamaha sleds been riding Polaris my whole life but was sick of rebuilding motor, so just wondering why my boost gauge reads negative well the sled is in the air and I hit the throttle a couple times? Also why would it shut off like it did in the video ? Thanks also and thing speacial to know about turbos thanks

It will only read positive when its under load. You are seeing vacuum when its not pulling boost. If you hold the brake and mash on it, it should read positive but be careful not to smoke the belt.

It will only read positive when its under load. You are seeing vacuum when its not pulling boost. If you hold the brake and mash on it, it should read positive but be careful not to smoke the belt.
Ok thanks just was not sure if that's normal or not

It will shut off when testing on the stand , a quick throttle chop closed makes a fast lean and a stall , should be ok on the snow !

Just wondering where you connected your Vac hose for the boost gauge?? I was told to Tee the small hose on the waste gate??

Back