• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ProNytroV2

kennyspec

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
nytro
A more detailed version is on snowest. I figured I may as well post on here as well.

Started out with some ideas in bend tech.

Tube showed up!!

most of the sled is 3/4" .035 wall. the upper pyramid is 1" .049 wall. chassis as calculated by bendtech is just under 30lbs.

First tubes

Should be fun to weld

Initial design

Starting on the tunnel sides

One side almost complete, starting on the second

Mounted to the bulkhead!!

Rear motor mount

The final design on bendtech

This is what I want to do some day. 4130 tubes, turbo and a narrow front end.
Will follow this thread.

got a little more done on the sled today. I picked up my inner chaincase and started cutting it out of the bulkhead.

still needs a lot more trimming but I think I am going to weld it to a flat alum plate and then mount that to the tubes.

jackshaft placement

alignment bar shows that I am close on the center to center distance. I am going to mount the jackshaft perfectly square to the chassis and then build the engine mounts and make sure to get perfect belt alignment.

I got the chaincase cut out a bit more and fitting in the engine frame. I think I am going to run a extra tube near the black line to make it more ridgid. The alum sheet is 1/8"

I am welding tabs around the tubes to mount the chaincase plate to. Going to secure it with 3/8" bolts.

I guess my width was off a bit and I originally planned to put the chaincase on the outside of the tubes. But I have to now move the chaincase to fit in the centreline of the tubes. The shitty part of this is that it moves the driveshaft up a 3/4". Do you think this will affect the approach angle that much?

Just another pic of the mounting tabs.

did a little more work on the sled tonight. I got the back tube welded in place and got the chaincase mounted a little more. it is square within .5* as measured with my digital angle guage!! I am happy with how it turned out.
I still need to trim up the steel brackets and grind the slag off to pretty them up.

Drivers and the jackshaft is fully mounted!! the chaincase and driveshafts sure feel like they added a lot of weight
I feel like this was one of the harder parts of the build, getting everything square to the chassis. now that I am this far into the build I see I could of designed the shape of the chaincase, clutch hoop tube a lot differently. Maybe the V3 design will be better lol. If I was to build another one I would start with the clutching area tubes and then the motor and then finally build the tunnel.

Kennyspec

Great build. Pile O' work. I'm struggling with fabbing just a front suspension, so can't imagine a whole sled.

BTW, where did you get your 4130? Aircraft Spruce Canada or other?

Thanks

OTM

Back