• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ProNytroV2

started on the wiring. Ripped a bunch of stuff out of the harness that I will no longer need. the headlight is going to be a led and run off of the load control relay circuit. I got the whole mess of a harness back in the sled and everything connected to see how bad I screwed it up lol.

Turned on the key and everything worked!!

I really wanted to get the exhaust out of the tunnel and route it out the side. Right now there is just no room to do it. Once it is turbocharged the exhaust will either be a tunnel dump or routed out the side. I did lower the top of the tunnel closer to the track but I think that I wll be able to squeeze the exhaust in there for this year.

you can kind of see a black marker line on the tubes where the calculated track should end up. I think I have enough clearance.

I am just going to make a quick header out of some ss tube for now. it wont have any welds or mounts on the bottom so if the track does come into contact with the header it wont do any damage.

Well I kind of went crazy on the sled this week in hopes to get it done for a ride this weekend. I am pretty close but not going to happen. when the rear of the rear suspension is compressed the track hits the front of the cooler pretty bad. going to have to take the cooler out, shorten it a few inches make a new end cap for it and then it should work. the track also rubs on the header a bit. I built the top of the tunnel fairly low as I was planning on running the exhaust out the side off the turbo in the future.

pretty happy how the bulkhead turned out as I have no sheet metal working tools.

I was even able to reuse the factory heat shield.

the pro side panes are much narrower than the nytro. I had to flip the caliper to the inside of the mounts to gain clearance. I also had to re shim the brake disc and machine some of the flange off of it.

Exhaust position

Track is in! I almost thought I really screwed up and had no bulkhead clearance but there is about 1" or more of clearance around the track

And here is how it sits now.

I think I am going to redo the coolant tubes to be above the tunnel and connect into the top of the cooler after I redo it.

Wow..its really coming together. You'll be happy with that header and muffler outside the tunnel...no more icing!!!!! Reversing the brake caliper was brilliant!!!

What track are you running??

OTM

Thank you heel clicker. My drag n fly set flattened out in 800kms. This set lasted 4 miles before blowing apart the clutch and cracking the secondary as well. Money well spent..

Last edited:
time for a update a guess...I skipped ahead and posted the finished pics lol.

OTM I am running a 151x2.5 camo extreme. I cant take credit for the brake caliper flip I seen it on Nikolai's build. it really tucks the caliper in a lot and cleared the panels much better.

heatshield finished

the track hits the exhaust pretty bad. I ran it like this anyway and couldn't really hear it rubbing, its only when the rear is fully compressed and the front shock is fully extended. the exhaust will be a side dump after the turbo gets mounted.

I had to redo the cooler, it was hitting the track real bad. I don't know why I didn't build it this way in the first place.
there is bulkheads in the half round "end tanks" so that the coolant has to pass back and forth through each strip before exiting the outlet.

oil tank mounted.

exhaust

still a lot of little things to do, but overall the sled is totally different. The front ends feels like it floats in the air and it will stand straight up going through drifts. it also feels way more nimble. I haven't weighed it yet, but it feels a lot lighter and way more nimble.

Wow drool.....now weight that bad boy! I bought 4 330lb postal scales and been weighing the skis, and one under each arm in the rear suspension. Its pretty cool! It adds up to within in a lb of my hanging scale but really helps me figure out how to design my chassis.

That is a lot of work, hope your happy!

Any issues with the cooling system? Anything you would change? I’m thinking of doing something nearly identical to yours on my new build.

Back