• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Push button start kits

hey guys,

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignitions for the winders? I'm looking at putting together push button start kits just want to use my MTX as the test mule as she is down waiting for new tunnel to show! I'm trying to source good waterproof push bottons or a toggle switch and start putting these kits together !

Just wondering if there is any interest in these and if you guys have any suggestions on what you'd like to see ?

hey guys,

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignitions for the winders? I'm looking at putting together push button start kits just want to use my MTX as the test mule as she is down waiting for new tunnel to show! I'm trying to source good waterproof push bottons or a toggle switch and start putting these kits together !

Just wondering if there is any interest in these and if you guys have any suggestions on what you'd like to see ?
Winder Manual has a unreadable wiring diagram once again. Same as Vipers. Will try to get the Cat version in next few days. Thiers is always legible.

hey guys,

I've used Mouser.com in the past. Wide variety of switches, contacts, wiring, relays, assemblies, etc. Decent pricing too. They also have PEOPLE you can talk to.

Also, I'd be interested in a reasonable setup too. Maybe two.

Thanks!

Winder Manual has a unreadable wiring diagram once again. Same as Vipers. Will try to get the Cat version in next few days. Thiers is always legible.

Thanks for the info , I'll take the multimeter out and figure it out the old fashioned way LOL

I've used Mouser.com in the past. Wide variety of switches, contacts, wiring, relays, assemblies, etc. Decent pricing too. They also have PEOPLE you can talk to.

Also, I'd be interested in a reasonable setup too. Maybe two.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link ! I'm debating between a dash mounted push button led lit switch or a handle bar mounted , personally I would rather the dash for the fact it's not goin to get hit rolling the sled over or by accident but just feeling out what people would want

Design a kill switch like the ignition switch.
Down= ign off
Up one click=ign on
Pull up(no detent)= starter
Would be a very clean design.
With a flip up cover like the Planes have! Bling.
th

http://www.ceshowroom.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PETWIR20565&click=2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aircraft-To...le-/140432935972?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

PM me for 2016 wiring diagrams. Should be same for ignition switch at least. Its normally closed system.

Last edited:
Design a kill switch like the ignition switch.
Down= ign off
Up one click=ign on
Pull up(no detent)= starter
Would be a very clean design.

Yes it would be !! Will take some time to source a QUALITY switch configured to do the job, I am looking for ip67/ip68 minimum right now, then soldered and heat shrunk terminals as well as PET wire loomed pig tails

Does this help you?
key.png

Yes it does massively thank you

Flipping you kill switch back on would reprime the pump.

You guys are still priming your sleds? Do you prime your car? I just get in or on and turn the key. If it doesn't start must be something wrong.
I agree letting the pump cycle makes it start harder after the first start of the day.

Anyone get one installed. Was thinking of using the rsi rer billet button ....or using the skidoo xm rer block and brake combo ...wire in the rer button for start and the dimmer ...then move the hand warmers to the dash. Since I'm running a mtx ...planning cfr risers and boondocker handlebars ....would really like to clean the bars up. Then planning different throttle block , reverse button and kill switch. I always wear a tether so not worried about the push button sticking if I roll. Thoughts?
IMG_5123_zpsvfp1kapw.jpg

IMG_5122_zpszydrgemv.jpg

Back