• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec from Dumoine Valley to Hotel Forestel in Val-Dor

dburrowes

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper LTX-SE

Hey All,

We are planning a loop in Quebec in a couple of weeks and one of the legs might be a stretch for fuel. Has anyone ran from Dumoine Valley to Val-Dor mainly up the 386 to 83. The link is the itinerary for the above.

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/i?l=e&r=...kEiTcdhEaQlEUZYAdAAsApgCNgQgC4QwMYAdgDOAMbAQA

All and any advice welcome.

Cheers
If you tank up at Rapides des Joachim's it is 166 km to an outfitter Pourvoire Pavillion La Verendyre lodge. gas available $2 a litre last year or spend the night with meals for $125 and then you can travel up Lac Simon (156km away) or stop in Kitcisakik 106 km away and get gas. I'm leaving tomorrow from Kipawa to travel that way. Can let you know Thursday night when I return.
Perry

If you tank up at Rapides des Joachim's it is 166 km to an outfitter Pourvoire Pavillion La Verendyre lodge. gas available $2 a litre last year or spend the night with meals for $125 and then you can travel up Lac Simon (156km away) or stop in Kitcisakik 106 km away and get gas. I'm leaving tomorrow from Kipawa to travel that way. Can let you know Thursday night when I return.
Perry
Thanks Perry.

That would be a great help. Those distances look fine for the machines running this route. I would love any trail updates. Looking forward to a couple of weeks from now.

Cheers

Well I'm back from my trip with the wife and her brother, Day one we left our home at 9:15 in Kipawa and traveled to Rapides des Joachim's 196 km away via trail 43 and had sandwiches and chilli for lunch at the gas station. Trail was lightly dusted with 4" of snow. After lunch we headed out to Pourvoire Pavillion La Verendyre lodge 161km away via the 43 then the 386, we passed the groomer 50 km away from Rapides des Joachim's on my favourite section of trail anywhere that I have traveled in my sledding career if you like single lane groomer wide through the trees full of little S bends. 52km from our destination or 108km from lunch in rapide we encountered a broken ice bridge that required 3 foot climb up to the other side of the trail. We broke some large chunks of ice and hard trail pack to help with the climb up to the other side for the 3 Vipers. The last 50 or so km were extra wide trails with hills and long corners. By the time we got there we were running in 6" inches of fresh powder. arrived at 5:45. Not sure if we hit a bump anywhere? Oh didn't meet a sled all day but there were 17 others at the lodge already from the 2 other directions that lead there.
Day 2 was departure for Val'dor a little later at 10:20 as this was gonna be a shorter run on a brand new trail right close to the lodge that I didn't notice if it had a trail # other than the Val'dor sign on 8" inches of powder which lead to the 63 and then onto the 386 again. 386 Trail started off with at least a double wide trail of whack that throttle on cruise and forget about anything happening. Took a break on the trail 100 km later and discovered that my sway bar was broken, removed the link and broken end and surmised that this was why a kept going wider in the corners than my wife.Stopped in Kitcisakik 137 km away for gas due to new trail distances that weren't accurate on map. Keep your eyes peeled in town for a neon sign on you right side that says "Open" which is the gas station, restaurant, corner store all in one and the trail picks back up down behind the store, Not a very rich reserve we really shows how lucky the reserve in Kipawa is of which my in-laws are part of. Get ready to roost your buddies on the first section of trail from there that had lots of little hills and drops along with sharp corners. Stopped in Louvicourt for a late lunch at the Royal restaurant and hotel and ordered a new sway bar from my dealer since we had cell phone signal. After lunch we went a little past the Val'dor turn off to waste some time on the Saint-Edmond trail and then we cut off onto the 313 to get to the Hotel Forestel in Val'dor at 5:45 again, 287 km done on great smooth trails. Met maybe 10 machines at most.
Day 3 we left Val'dor at 9:15 and headed home on the 309 right in the groomer tracks for 40 km and then onto lightly used trails behind of 8-10 machines all the way to Rapide Sept 75 km away where we took a coffee break. Words of wisdom Rapide Sept restaurant is closed Monday and Tuesday and gas is available by the 5 gallon can. If you are seen on these 2 days and the workers that stay nearby see you it is possible to get gas. After coffee we proceeded to our lunch stop in Belleterre another 80 km away and a much needed fill up. You can get gas 22km before Belleterre in Laforce which has a small restaurant and corner store all in one. After lunch high tailed it halfway home to my Yamaha dealer in Bearn and found out my sway bar is covered on warranty. Must be the same material as my connecting rods in my 2016 LTX LE. Broke the speed limit home all the way home from Bearn for a total of 327 km by 5:30, Met maybe 15 sleds. Holy crap I got 9957 km on my sled already.
If you need any phone numbers or recommendations don't hesitate to ask.
Perry

Hey Froggy. I meant to reach out to you and thank you for the trail update and trip ride. As it turned out myself and 5 buddies hung out in a Kirkland lake motel for 4 long days watching the weather radar and hoping for snow. We got some local riding in but not much. We felt bad that we had to cancel in the lodges but there was just no way to get there. The rain was so heavy at times that our entire hotel parking lot flooded out.

I'm hoping to head to Quebec next weekend. I'm hoping to jump into a ride already planned. I don't know the area but they mentioned mount laurier if that makes sense.

dburrowes, I've been through there 3 times from my house in Kipawa and its an nice area with lots of scenic spots, Mostly green trails right now with 3 stars and a couple of 1 and 2 stars according to sledmagazine.com. Hopefully you will get up to devil's mountain ( Montagne du diable )for a scenic trip which has a small restaurant and viewing station up there. You could get lucky and stay at Rabaska which is one of my favourite outfitters of all my travels in that area. Good luck and let me know how you made out as I'm just starting to ride today again as I had prostate surgery 3 weeks ago, managed to rip off 200km with my son with not too much discomfort. I got 3 more weeks off before going back to work so let the good times roll!!

dburrowes, I've been through there 3 times from my house in Kipawa and its an nice area with lots of scenic spots, Mostly green trails right now with 3 stars and a couple of 1 and 2 stars according to sledmagazine.com. Hopefully you will get up to devil's mountain ( Montagne du diable )for a scenic trip which has a small restaurant and viewing station up there. You could get lucky and stay at Rabaska which is one of my favourite outfitters of all my travels in that area. Good luck and let me know how you made out as I'm just starting to ride today again as I had prostate surgery 3 weeks ago, managed to rip off 200km with my son with not too much discomfort. I got 3 more weeks off before going back to work so let the good times roll!!

Man sorry to hear about your surgery but glad you are ok and really happy you are back riding. Nothing like it for the recovery. I know as I broke my back on a machine 3 years ago and couldn't wait to get back out there. Great to see you're back in the saddle.

Have you heard of the st jovite area is still good?

Thanks for the nice comments, St Jovite is in the Mount Tremblant area and all that area is listed as green (trails open) but only 1 star out of 5. Could be limited snow conditions. This is east and a little south from Mont Laurier. Hopefully whoever is organizing the trip has checked with the clubs or outfitters as to how the trails are condition wise. Good luck and let me know how you make out on your trip.

Mont Laurier looks better according to the trail conditions, all depends what kind of riding you want to do, best thing is to phone ahead, But I know the area where I live is great and if you go farther north the trails are great with lots of wide fast trails. Is that big go cart track in Whitby still open?

Haha no it closed down but Whitby cartwats was great. We will be heading to Laurier for sure. Thanks for the tips.

Just saw your posts. Where are you in Brooklin? I'm in Brooklin at Carnwith and Brock west side by High school

Morning Rick....yes I'm on Selkirk, just a stones throw from you. Hoping for a better season next year. Where do you normally ride?

Bancroft...[emoji4]..
Yes better year for sure with new toy[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Back