• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Questions on gearing

Martens199

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha nytro 153 mcx190
2015 SRViper mtx se 162 mcx270
Hey,
Im looking to up my gearing in my 15 viper mtx from 21/91 to 24/91. Now I'm trying to find aftermarket gears through team, but the listings are terrible. What type of chain and sprockets does these sled have? Hyvo 3/4''? and hyvo silent chain? Is it under arctic cat listings?
I order parts from a local supplier Recreation supply, they have an online parts catalog, but I'm not sure on what is the correct parts for my sled.
Any help Appreciated!

13 row Hyvo. You can upgrade to 15 row. They should be able to help you or go to someone else Such as Ulmer,Taylor or Evo. If going with OEM 16 up Cat or 14 up Viper is Hyvo and good stuff. Not sure if any have 15 wide though. Some companies have a bushing in top gear with oil hole. Just dont use the early Cat stuff if you want a good chain and gears. I hear your confusion since Hyvo is just a name for a "Silent Chain" But the early Cat side plates were noticably smaller/weaker. The early cat gears do not properly match our stock chains so dont buy that junk. Go 16 or later in Cat case and when you get the gears make sure they fit stock chain nicely or send it back,

Ok so it's a 13 row not 3/4". The chain is simply a silent chain type 13. Did you know the amount of inner splines on these sleds? They only offer a 90 chain then jumps up to a 96. Would the 96 be to long?
Thanks for the info real good stuff to know!

34 splines on lower. There are charts showing chain fit in service manual for stock gear ratios. Do you have manual? Havent you talked to Team? If they cant answer that I would go elsewhere.

All I have is the manual that came with the sled. I wasn't talking to team just a parts person from a dealer. Just wanted to verify their parts they found cause they seemed very unsure on everything. But now I know more what to look for. Just need to know the upper spline amount.

All I have is the manual that came with the sled. I wasn't talking to team just a parts person from a dealer. Just wanted to verify their parts they found cause they seemed very unsure on everything. But now I know more what to look for. Just need to know the upper spline amount.
There is none on the upper gear. Just a bushing.

Back