• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

radiator getting hot

taylor lemke

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 yamaha nytro stage 1 MPI Super charger with intercooler
when I let my sled idle for a couple minutes it seems to get very warm. the radiator getting super hot to the touch and smokes some. not sure where the smoke is coming from though. the fan never seems to kick on either. It is like 40 degrees out but I still feel like it should be able to idle longer then a couple minutes without getting super hot.

x2

smoke is most likely snow dust/water on the rad. done it a few times on my truck in a snow storm as well as my sled.

where would a fan fuse be located and what size is the coolant hose. I'm looking into in a water temp gauge but not sure on the size of the connector to get.

where would a fan fuse be located and what size is the coolant hose. I'm looking into in a water temp gauge but not sure on the size of the connector to get.

Think the hose use 3/4 or 1". Fuse is on the right side by the reverse shifter in the little black box

Is the yellow Temp Light lit up on the gauge cluster when you say the radiator is "hot"? If it's not hot enough to kick the fan thermo-switch on then... the fan wont be on.
When the yellow warning light comes on, then the fan should also be running and you should hear it and feel the hot air coming out of the right footwell.

I have an actual digital temp guage on my Apexs. The adapters I used was a 26mm. If I remember correctly, the fan turned on at about 197°F. I'll look when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back