• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Rack Storage Ideas

Here is the finished product. 2009 venture lite. I am going to be installing a Lowrance sonar/gps on the handle bars. That will be the last upgrade. Happy with it last year. Can't wait for winter.
uploadfromtaptalk1466008286628.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466008324132.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466008341713.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466008372265.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Just bought a pair of 2007 Venture Lites and was looking for some onboard storage solutions and came across this thread. Couldn't quite justify $200, so went looking for other ideas. Ended up finding a solution at Home Depot that will work for me. I thought I would share in case there are others in the same situation. First is a sealed storage box that fits very nicely in the VL storage area. Ridgid model # 222570. http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2...C-_-NavPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-205440481-_-N Item sells for about $40.00 USD. I also picked up an open-top tote that interlocks to the top or bottom of the sealed storage box for $20.00. Ridgid model # 226036. http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2...PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-205441921-_-206291778-_-N Will be working on a fixed mounting solution in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 0221171738a.jpg
    0221171738a.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 0221171742a.jpg
    0221171742a.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 444
  • 0221171739a.jpg
    0221171739a.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 440
Picked up one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Styleworks-Tough-Tote-25-gal-Black-Silver/19888932 at the local WalMart store to try on the VL today. Fits almost perfectly for width in the rear rack, but didn't work for me (its 3-4 inches too long) as I need to keep the 2-up seat on for the kiddos. Would work well for anyone without it though. Very similar to the action packer at a fraction of the price. Lots of storage space. Thought I would pass along for anyone interested.

I had bought one of these:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/plano-storage-trunk/6000066423343

It's OK and fits the rear rack and held with bungees but, it's made of a harder plastic and broke in a corner so I had to gorilla tape it. One of the latches broke.

I used to have the Yamaha accessory trunk/seat that they used to sell for the MP when it didn't come with the rear seat. It was huge and used existing bolt mounting points. I regret selling it now.

Mooseman, does the Plano model #1619 storage trunk fit on the Venture with the 2-up seat in place? Also, did the corner break while in the storage rack on the machine? Looks it has about 45 litres/12 gallons of capacity, should fit a fair amount of gear? Another solid option for onboard storage at a reasonable price. If you are in the US Midwest, the Plano 1619 is available for about $16.00 USD. https://www.menards.com/main/p-1444450810675.htm

Although I don't have the backrest portion of the back seat, it should fit as I have about 2" space between the back seat and that box. Just be forewarned that opening that box requires it to be moved either sideways or out of the rack as the latches are right against the rack.

I picked up one of the Plano 1619 boxes today and test fit it in the VL rack. As is, it is about an inch too wide. The latches hang up on the top horizontal rack member. If I can come up with an 1-1/2" spacer to fit underneath, would be perfect. That would keep the latches about an inch above the top rail, just enough to get a fingertip in to pop them open. I might have a couple of pieces of 1-5/8" stainless unistrut I could use as the spacer... May have to do some tinkering this weekend. Snow here is all but gone anyhow.

Same here brother. Warm weather and rain has killed our season here too. Barely 3 weeks, one of which I lost due to a busted exhaust.

Modding time now I guess.

I use a storage bag made by a company called T-Bag...have used it for many years on my motorcycle ...with the angled bottom , it fits the rack well on the MP...carries a good load and attaches with it's own straps....leaves a bit extra room on the rack for a few extras as well.

Attachments

• Yamaha Harrys R..JPG
    Yamaha Harrys R..JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 406
  • Yamaha pack2.JPG
    Yamaha pack2.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 520
Same here brother. Warm weather and rain has killed our season here too. Barely 3 weeks, one of which I lost due to a busted exhaust.

Modding time now I guess.

...Been warm here for a few weeks as well...looked dismal....however, been getting a good snow layer the past day or so...hoping for a few more rides ...

I use a storage bag made by a company called T-Bag...have used it for many years on my motorcycle ...with the angled bottom , it fits the rack well on the MP...carries a good load and attaches with it's own straps....leaves a bit extra room on the rack for a few extras as well.

Looks like a nice setup Mac21. Any idea which model that is? Looks like similar T-bags styles sell for $175-$250 new. Thanks for the info!

Back