• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Seat Torcs screw Solution....

rbell14

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I find having to use a star bit to remove a screw before I can remove my seat to be a big pain and poor design.

Anyone come up with a quick "pin type" solution that would make it easy to access.

Share your ideas please.

LOOK IN THE 2015 ACCESSORY BOOK, THEY HAVE A LONGER THUMB SCREW TYPE

RACE WERX SEAT BOLT (SMA-8JWRS-SO-OO

I'm using the Racewerx screw. You can get it from a few places, I got mine from Country Cat.

I had to do something my original seat screw was in so hard I had to drill and ez out it to remove it.:)

I used a battery terminal bolt I had laying around. It has Phillips and 10mm hex so either can be used to remove it.

I put on the racewerx screw last year, went on fine but about a month later I went to take it out and the threads gulled. I had to remove it with pliers. So I chased out the seat mount threads with a tap cut off the threaded portion of the screw and drilled and tapped it to except a long set screw which I glued in with red Lock tight. Never had a problem since. I think a aluminum screw is just a bad idea, the metal is just too soft.

Attachments

• 2014-03-20 17.08.20.jpg
    2014-03-20 17.08.20.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 744
Very nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put on the racewerx screw last year, went on fine but about a month later I went to take it out and the threads gulled. I had to remove it with pliers. So I chased out the seat mount threads with a tap cut off the threaded portion of the screw and drilled and tapped it to except a long set screw which I glued in with red Lock tight. Never had a problem since. I think a aluminum screw is just a bad idea, the metal is just too soft.

You mean the racewerks screw is all aluminum threads and all? That's not a bad idea it's a terrible idea. They should really have a stainless threaded insert like you did with yours.

The whole thing made of SS would be better yet. Calltrex did his own I believe.

What is the thread size and pitch?
I can't remember the size, 4mm rings a bell but I can't be sure. I'll have to check.

Back