• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear shock

doober

Extreme
I have an 08 Apex MTX, my rear shock is sacked out and i was wondering what aftermarket shock will fit? Thanks for any info :)

I am looking at some different options. Was just reading about using a Venture MP rear shock, has anyone done this and is it a straight bolt on?

I am watching this thread here, as well as on Snowest. I believe my rear shock is toast as well. Hope you get a good response from someone!!

Not getting a bunch of help on either site really, another option apparently is a reservoir shock from a Nytro XTX, and I read somewhere a Venture MP shock also.

i truly do not know. never measured a mp shock but i do have an apex xtx i could measure for you. i do know that is what yamaha gave yellowknife for his nitro mtx when his stock shock failed.

do the apex and Nytro have the same shock? How exactly do you measure a shock? a lot of places i look give i think it is a compressed and an extended measurement?

8HN-47480-01-00 is apex xtx part #. 8HL-47480-01-00 is the nitro part #. i think the difference in part # might be for valving specs. both are off 2011 parts fiche and the nitro one is pricing almost $100.00 cheaper than the apex one........

was also wondering about an upgraded shock, venture rear shock is something like 700.00 CAD from yamaha !

Back