• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing / Deleting Reverse

Non reverse had a more compact flatter cover. I bought a spare years ago in case I ever needed to replace mine.

No progress on the driveline yet as I've been working on a few other mods to the Nypex including coolant heated handlebars and steering post from CR. Also OFT relocate mod to pass wires through, wiring, water temp gauge, and battery. Here are a few pics in case you guys are interested.

Attachments

• Battery.JPG
    Battery.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 231
  • Bars.jpg
    Bars.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0396 (2).jpg
    IMG_0396 (2).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 226
  • Relocator Mod.jpg
    Relocator Mod.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 237
Awesome!
Did I read coolant heated handlebar?!

Skickat från min SM-G389F via Tapatalk
Happy to report that the CR coolant heated handlebars are working great! Very warm in all conditions so far. Engine temp has been running consistent around 161F. Funny thing is when running Tight trail or hardpack, the hands sense a change in engine temp before I look down at the gauge.

Hi Guys, getting excited about the 18 season. The Reverse delete worked out well last winter. I have a line on a non reverse chaincase cover so that should clean up the install. Approx 8lbs lighter once the shift lever and linkage was removed.

I refuse to give up on this Nytro chassis. I've have my hands on a Nytro race front clip and a arms. Working on installing the clip now. Quick mockup shows it does bolt in around the 4cylinder engine. For those interested the complete assembly weighed in at 48lbs including suspension and skis. Stock frame with skinz front end weighed 56lbs. Does anyone have experience with the Nytro race front how is the handling etc?

The new subframe is almost ready to bolt in. I found minor excess play in the bell crank which was very noticeable at the handlebars. After searching the garage for ideas decided on using valve spring shims from a Chev big block V8 to take up the slack. They fit nicely over the inside steel sleeve. Perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1855.JPG
    IMG_1855.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 176
Had to make a repair / reinforcement to the subframe, where it was previously notched out for another mod. We searched for the right gauge steel and ended up choosing an chunk of an old upright for steel shelving. Nice work Jessy on the Welds.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 177
Subframe is mocked up, loosely bolted in. I've marked some minor trimming around coolant hoses, otherwise clearances are ok.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 158

Back