• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing transfer blocks

Out for some pulls last night with a mod etec and JLR's fancy Nypex. I think my blocks are going back in. I'm a bit past 700 miles now and the rear end has definitely loosened up a bit. Getting more transfer than I need and had to back out of a few pulls.

Which model Sidewinder?

Out for some pulls last night with a mod etec and JLR's fancy Nypex. I think my blocks are going back in. I'm a bit past 700 miles now and the rear end has definitely loosened up a bit. Getting more transfer than I need and had to back out of a few pulls.

Heard the n/a nypex was faster than the sidewinder :)

I think he got one pull out of several, but I had to lift. It is fast for sure, but I think I'm about 2 MPH faster right now.

Regardless, that sled is working well. It would crush a stock Sidewinder.

I think he got one pull out of several, but I had to lift. It is fast for sure, but I think I'm about 2 MPH faster right now.

Regardless, that sled is working well. It would crush a stock Sidewinder.

Best top speed so far on speed has been 116 mph ideal conditions. lakercr, what are you getting?

Best top speed so far on speed has been 116 mph ideal conditions. lakercr, what are you getting?

Just pulled 120 on my GPS an hour ago. Still some chicken on that bone with clutching, but not going to tune for these conditions until they're here to stay.

Just pulled 120 on my GPS an hour ago. Still some chicken on that bone with clutching, but not going to tune for these conditions until they're here to stay.

Nice, what have you done to it so far? Yeah, its done here until we get more snow.

Suspension about the same as yours, clutching, gearing, and an Evo Stage 1 tune from Mike at Sandale.

Sled rips.

IMG_7531.JPG

I have the blocks out, but left rod installed. I honestly wouldn't want it to transfer any more than it does now. Lifts the skis 4"-6" at will, and will loft the front end on any small grade on the trail.
Did you loosen the limit straps to the last hole?

137 right? your weight? Compression? Rebound ? Torsion spring block on 1 i assume?

Any harm in removing the shaft? I have the blocks out but find it still doesn't transfer the best.
It depends on rear wheel size,if stock 8" ok,but if aftermarket 8.5 not so good,you will chew them up in no time.

Heavier riders will have more problems... and all will most likely bend the tabs..

Back