• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement Handwarmer wiring question

alaliberty

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro
I already have the Yamaheaters - this isn't about getting a Yamaheater.

My left heating element seems to be bad. I get 17v to the heating element wiring at the grip but the element does not heat up. I don't see any breaks in the 3 wire connections at the element so the element but be bad. I had the factory yamaha heating elements replaced with updated Yamaha ones years ago at the dealer and they cut the connector and wired it together. The grip element has 3 wires and they wired the white and blue together and connected to black and the other red connected to the other black. Is this the correct way to do it? I plan to buy a new Yamaha heating element since thats the only one I can find rated for 18v and put it on. Just wanted to make sure how to wire from 3 wire element to 2 wire sled connection.
Thanks

My Yamaha dealer sold me a kit a few years ago. It was a RSI 3 wire kit with Yamaha packaging. The directions that you get with the kit are very clear on how to wire it.
2 of the wires get wired together. I think its white and blue. Then wire it to the factory harness

Back