• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rhino clones

YooperMike

Country
USA
What's the real deal with these things? For example American Apache has what looks like a 95% copy of a Rhino, and reading between the lines, I'm finding that is has a Yamaha motor. Is that true? I know, if it's on the internet, it has to be true, right? If it's mostly Yamaha, I think I might be interested, especially seeing that it's $5000 less. Tell me what I'm missing please!

let me get my brother in on this as he did all the research on them when he bought his rhino in 2011.

From what i found the motor is similar but not the exact same. Also I was not able to confirm that the wet clutch setup was also replicated on the knockoffs. What I did find was that lots of yamaha parts will work to replace stuff on them (ball joints and such) but if you are going to use it hard the metal is not as tough and when you buy it change all oils and re torque every bolt you can get a wrench on with blue locyite if possible. People that I have talked to have had some luck with reliability but they are very ontop of their maintenance. Some rhino aftermarket stuff will fit but not all of it. Also with the motor being very similar some parts may fit but I was never able to spend enough time with one to check against a rhino for even the simplest things like belts, clutches and how the 4x4 works.

That's all I Have.

Back