• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rhino not running well

yamyrider

If I am running a low throttle it runs great...the second I hammer the throttle it falls on its face, does not have much pick up and kinda sounds funny. It will do this in neutral if I hammer the throttle as well.

Sorry guys.
It is a 2004 660 carburator model. This is a friends machine so i dont have all details.
I pulled the carb yesterday which was clean..the machine starts and runs very well at idle. The only time the problem occurs is when you hit the throttle...up until 1/4 throttle it runs well. When you hit past that point it does not sound like a well running engine. I thought maybe the clutches were binding but it does this in neutral as well.

air box/filter clean? does it have good flow from the tank/pump? does the tank vent line have a kink in it?

checked air filter...checked all fuel lines and still the same..I pulled the filter while at idle to see if anything would change but no change

If it is acting up after 1/4 throttle then the needle valve is most likely the problem. The main jet starts comming on just before 1/2 throttle. I am thinking it is lack of fuel due to a pluged needle jet.

Back