• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS How to? Tech and Mods.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
This a sticky thread that each section can use to post thread links and info on mods, tech questions and How to?. Please do not use this thread other then helping others find what important about each model. All other post that I find in this area that are not of any use will be removed.

Ok I need a quick how to clean the carbs, pilot and main on an 05 vector. Do you need to pull the carbs or can you just pull the airbox and clean them from there??? May sound bad but I'm sick of the trailer to the dealer thing, I'd rather do it myself.

RSVECTORFREAK said:
Ok I need a quick how to clean the carbs, pilot and main on an 05 vector. Do you need to pull the carbs or can you just pull the airbox and clean them from there??? May sound bad but I'm sick of the trailer to the dealer thing, I'd rather do it myself.

Good post Freak - I'd like to learn also! Also - will we need a synch tool to do the job right?

Well the carbs have to come off thats for sure after looking at the carb diagram but how to clean them is the next question.

rs venture suspension upgrades

I own a 06 rs venture and I wanted to upgrade my front and rear suspention to create a factory Yamaha 144 machine that could carry lots of gear and fuel into remote areas of Canada at a high rate of speed while competing against 29 other teams. Thru Totally Yamaha and its following I was able to start this process. It went like this. I used portyamaha fishe to source part #s for alternate springs for rear of rear(only springs I could source) Then I had 08 venture GT alluminum body rebuildables revalved to a more euro spec. (stiffer) For the front end I took some stock attak soqi rebuldables and added tunable remote resevors that I can adjust both high and low speed dampening and had them revalved to a stiffer spec. I did not install a stiffer sway bar yet as I am mainly in a straight track for extended periods of time. I will post pics of this sled as soon as my rear fuel tank and storage is complete. It is real ugly.

PB

I have an 05 Vector that would not start after sitting all summer and figured it was probably a gas/carb issue. I found this link with a step by step to remove the carbs and clean the jets. I followed the steps, cleaned then re-installed the carbs, removed last years gas and replaced with fresh non-ethanol 87 octane and after a little sputtering it fired right up. Not bad for a non-mechanic. Here is the link: http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmob...Carb Cleaning/Carb cleaning 101 with pics.htm. I did make one mistake that is creating some heartburn and I need some help with. When I disconnected the coolant line from the carbs I didn't do a good enough job clamping this line off and emptied the coolant reservoir now I am trying to find some info about bleeding the air out of the system. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

4d3e6890-aa2c-4947-aff3-05edaacb813d_145.jpg
Tip on changing out the Spark plugs on a Vector. I have 11,800 miles so I figured it was time! After removing the head light pod I used this Flexible Extension to aid me in removing the Spark plugs . It was a huge help because of the angle the motor and all the extra wires I have from Rocz HID kit. I tried a few combinations of regular extensions and even a small 1/4" drive with out much luck . After finding this extension it took me about 10 mins and all done. Cost about 10.00 at HomeDepot.

phat-bstard

Let's see pic's of that Venture....

Attachments

• 06 Stator pic 1.PNG
    06 Stator pic 1.PNG
    917.8 KB · Views: 106

Back