• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rs venture goes into limp mode

brad gilker

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
vk pro
Recently pulled my buddies rs venture out of the water. Changed all relays and voltage regulator.
Rinsed engine with oil 5 times, drained and vacuumed tank, put fresh gas in.
Starts and runs great, but after hard acceleration, it seems to go into a limp mode until rpm's go to idle.

Thoughts anyone?

Check your throttle free play. Sounds to me like the TORS is activating.

What is TORS? Thanks fellas!
Throttle override system. I think. It's called that. Do a search on this site for adjusting TORS and you'll see what we mean.
It's how tight your throttle cable is. When your tours is activating and means your throttle cable is too tight.

probably the throttle block is full of water. does weird stuff when it happens. been there done that with a kill switch on an rx.

Drain the carburator bowls and use gasline antifreeze to make sure all the water is out of the system. Mine ran like that until I completely ran it out of gas and then drained the bowls and used fresh fuel. It would idle fine but then bog when applying the throttle.

Back