• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX-LE or LTX-LE vs LTX-DX

rxwarrior

Lifetime Member
I understand there is a difference in shock package and windshield but those things aside, give me your opinion of the pros and cons of each model. Fire away!

I did demo a ltx dx and a ltx se. I did not like the shocks on the dx, which was a bummer cuz I was really leaning towards an stx dx. It danced on top of the bumps more than soaking them up. But I was hitting 1'-1.5' moguls at 50+mph. The se really rode much better. The rep actually said everyone that thought they would like the dx liked the le and vice versa. I would recommend finding a demo ride and try one out because I didn't care much for the one I almost bought.

Dealer I'm working with will let me put the QS3 shocks on the front of a DX. Additional thoughts?

I'm a suspension/shock junkie so if the RTX LE is built with the RR skid that would be my choice. Say what you will about how much smoother the DX models are, the trails are so often pounded and if you want to get anywhere you need to maintain decent speed which is where a good shock and skid package shines. I've had my issues with Yamaha, but the one key bragging point that I have about my sled is the shock and skid package as I currently have it set up.

There is no RR skid any more. The main defining factor from the dx to the le is the qs3r shocks on the le and the lightweight break rotor. The le will handle all conditions. the dx and se will handle what each is made for. The dx being more of a smooth trail model IE Canada. the se is for the smooth trails and also for when they get a bit more rough. The le is for any condition from smooth to trashed trails (settings 1-3).

Get the L-TX-LE with all 4 shocks being the QS3 shocks. Don't settle for DX and only installing them on the front. Also install a 4th wheel kit.

Have had numerous others recommend not getting a 4th wheel kit. They say it only increases cost and does not help performance.

Have had numerous others recommend not getting a 4th wheel kit. They say it only increases cost and does not help performance.
They're nuts, it's not for performance, it's for reliability. First ride this year a buddies friend screwed up a day of riding when his tri-hub took a dump and they had to trailer it back.

And understand that 2 rear wheels in the center is for mountain sleds. Not trail sleds.

Last edited:
They're nuts, it's not for performance, it's for reliability. First ride this year a buddies friend screwed up a day of riding when his tri-hub took a dump and they had to trailer it back.

And understand that 2 rear wheels in the center is for mountain sleds. Not trail sleds.
It also helps to keep the track aligned.

Back