• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running board upgrades?

Dogrunner

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX-1
Has anyone replaced running boards with a different style or added a grip strip on the outside edge? I wear whites elk hunter pacs because of the support but my feet slip often when I push down on the running board to help with direction change. thank you!

What sled do you have?
There are many choice out there for board upgrades, but need to know what you have before can offer any suggestions.

I would try to find a old set of Rox SledTreads. They also had a Flare Kit available.

I always thought of fabricating running boards that had the coolant run inside the outside edge of the running board. That way the rx1s and apexs could have a snow free running board.

there are some old posts of guys rolling out the edge rolls and adding other brand (A/C I think) grip edges (very aggressive for the time). The end result was very nice.

IMG_2856.PNG
Why can't a guy put these on? There are lots of rivet tabs on the heat exchangers and about half are not even used so what if a guy has to tig a couple small pieces on the boards for a exchanger mount?

there are some old posts of guys rolling out the edge rolls and adding other brand (A/C I think) grip edges (very aggressive for the time). The end result was very nice.
That was Betheviper on the 2 smoke side I believe. Very nice work and write up about the mod

View attachment 125447 Why can't a guy put these on? There are lots of rivet tabs on the heat exchangers and about half are not even used so what if a guy has to tig a couple small pieces on the boards for a exchanger mount?
You can. There are aftermarket grip strips that you can install on the outside edge of the boards as well as insert for the boards themselves.
Google is your friend.

Went with these for now till I can chew the price tag on some nice boards

Attachments

• IMG_2861.PNG
    IMG_2861.PNG
    210.3 KB · Views: 118
Don't drill into your coolers or the job will get a lot more interesting LOL

One issue with agressive boards over the stock ones is that the snow doesn't fall out. You end up with even thicker slabs of ice that can cover your added traction.

The real answer is to move the coolers, but yes this gets expensive.

Back