• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior Modern Day Viability?

Garmash

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex LTX GT 40th Anniversary
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Was surfing for sleds and found someone selling an (allegedly) Hauck built 2004 RX Warrior. Turbocharged, forged internals, ohlins suspension, etc. Again, allegedly. What I want to know from those who have them is how they hold up in today's world, or if you're better off just getting a decent Apex or Nytro for trail riding. If it's everything the sellers claims it to be, I'm sure it's got the power to bring the smiles, I just wonder if the chassis can keep up. Thanks for your input!

Probably easy enough to contact Hauck with the Vin to verify authenticity.

i sold my 05 war to my brother but the best mod to it was the olins shocks in rear suspension as the stock main shock was non serviceable on them and the rage. loved that sled. with the bar riser and apex seat (brother put seat on) and 12/13mm sway bar, it is pretty much the same as riding an apex. i found out how fast it was stock on my 1st ty ride in 08 and had no issues hanging with the gang that where stock.

i sold my 05 war to my brother but the best mod to it was the olins shocks in rear suspension as the stock main shock was non serviceable on them and the rage. loved that sled. with the bar riser and apex seat (brother put seat on) and 12/13mm sway bar, it is pretty much the same as riding an apex. i found out how fast it was stock on my 1st ty ride in 08 and had no issues hanging with the gang that where stock.
Any issues dealing with the carbs versus a sled with FI? My 05 Doo has taught me to loathe dealing with snowmobile carbs and all their unusual problems, but I'm not familiar with the Yamahas track record of the carb era.

they like to evaporate off more and loose their prime if not run up to temp once a month during the off season. with doing that, only ever inspected it once about 10 years ago and it was as clean, if not cleaner than a new carb. the only few things with the carb sled is to check the fuel filters every few years as they are known to come apart and warm it up for 10 min (or until a cooler has heat under running board) before riding. check the oil after every ride as even the apex's are know to use a bit over time.

The carbs are not happy in minus 20 Celsiusbut neither am I,there should be a carb heater to make it better

The carbs are not happy in minus 20 Celsiusbut neither am I,there should be a carb heater to make it better
the coolant already runs through the carb bodies as i used to have to carry a pinch pin to restrict the coolant flow to them on warm end of season runs.

Back