• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 carb sync

wyre345

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
I recently built myself a carb sync tool. I read about how to sync the 3cylinder carbs on the 4 strokes. But i was wondering how you sync the carbs on the 4cyl engines. Wondering if i am doing it right or not. Thank you.

That is with a bought manometer.I have the home made carb sync tool. So this doesnt help me since i cant hook all 4 carbs up at once. Only 2 at a time.
Ahh damn

Found this tip online in a bike forum.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=120306.0

Interesting and makes sense. You find the reference carb (the one that can't be adjusted, check the linkage), then match the other 3 to the reference carb. However, as you tune each pair it throws the others off so its a PITA with many reps to get it right. If you have a homemade per the liquid in tube closed system, suggest you add two more to your board and save major time. I don't see anyway around it. Someone may have a rubix cube magic rule but I suspect doing two at a time, will drive you bonkers.

Back