• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 countershaft removal

Mattr82

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Rx1
Has anyone removed and replaced a countershaft on an 03Rx1 any pointers, before i tear into it

I have not yet but my buddy has the biggest thing he told me is to keep a close eye on how the reverse gear box goes together he had to take his back apart because he forgot to put a piece in .... and of course it went behind all the gears... that is the biggest thing I have read is the ger box is kinda tedious ....

Done it on my wife's sled several years ago, that is the only one I have had to replace of all three sleds. Have not had to do it on any others since greasing them seasonally and that sled was obtained with 4500 miles and previous owner did not grease it. My Son's was done under YES at 9k miles. I will say it is a big job, seen a thread on these forums of someone making a tool to do this with a lot less work, however did hers before seeing that thread.

I grease the skid and front end on my 04 Warrior, but have not heard of a grease zirk on the countershaft or any other greasing in the engine bay. Can you clarify where you grease the counter shaft?

Back