• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 rear axle

MUSKOKA RX1

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1
Hey I am having a hard time getting the rear axle to tighten up. From what I can see someone has modified a spacer so I have added some washers to make up the difference. Just can't seem to tighten the rear axle. Any suggestions? ? Any ideas. It is the original suspension for a 2003 yamaha rx1.
Thanks

Hi, not sure what you mean. You are trying to torque the rear axle with the 19mm and the 17mm to 54ftlb? When its torqued, the axle slides or has some sort of play? If it is sliding along the axis of the axle, you may be missing spacers washers. Check Yamaha parts diagram on US site, and make sure you have all the parts. Do you have 3 or 4 wheels back there? I saw a kit to add the 4th wheel (3 is stock), and there was some fabricating of the spacer. Possible they took too much off the spacer or did something in error. You would need to take it apart, and check everything. I'd go back to 3 wheels and stock parts until you get it right, if it has the 4th wheel. Then you know the rails are true etc. Then later if you want to go to 4th wheel its on your own terms. If you have 3 wheels now, pull it apart and check all the parts are there and correct. (I assume you and not talking about the tensioner). Good luck!

As rxrobmyers said, if the axle is not tightening up, you must be missing several washers or spacers.

I have 3 wheels in the back. It looks like someone cut spacer number 40 from the diagram. One is smaller than the other. Thanks for your assistance.

Back