• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1--summer bucket list projects (mods) whats yours

BigDogrx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 rx1
Guys keep the real Daddy of the 4strokes strong, what are you doing to yours for next winter?
Mine so far:
Mono Skid: last year
2" pivot riser: last year
seat: last year
Handlebar hooks: last year
New grips: last year
Windshield cut down: last year

This summer:
Paint exhaust tips: done
Repair exhaust: done
13mm sway bar: done
Clutch kit: ? Not sure
Red snow flap: ordered
Coolant temp gauge: done
IMG_20150501_123345.jpg
IMG_20150501_123345.jpg
IMG_20150510_095807.jpg
IMG_20150510_095807.jpg IMG_20150501_123345.jpg

Last edited:

All maintenance on mine this year-did get the 13mm bar thought

Stearing stem relocation and skinz air frame seat then iam done with it only other thing I did this year was phazer running boards wich where a huge improvement for my big #*$&@ feet
20150328_112835.jpg

Last year I did quite a bit to mine. I did a suspension swap to a Ski Doo Grand Touring skid for a good 2 up ride and it worked out really well. Then I did the Apex radiator install. I also changed the front end bushings to the Ulmer oilite bushings and also some ball joints. Then a 2" riser, Mountain RX throttle cable, Powermadd PSG1 hand guards, GPS mount, and Simmons Flexi skis. Before this winter I want to change the rest of the ball joints, upgrade the steering blocks to OFT steering blocks, new exhaust donuts, new center skid shock, and carbides. Then for the really fun project I want to change all the drive bearings. Also of course every year an oil change.

What temp gauge did you use? Thanks

Larry temp gauge looks great. I added mine do to over heating just keep eye on it. Finally had to add rear heat exchange, run at 170 deg now

Last year, everything was fixed or replaced. This year, mine is finally getting a head shim.

Ya,
Larry temp gauge looks great. I added mine do to over heating just keep eye on it. Finally had to add rear heat exchange, run at 170 deg now
Thanks Tom, mine has rear exchanger and runs #170 also

Just dropped off both clutches to Schmidt Bros Performance, Chris will Wright a small prescription for Steroids for both, that will be it this year, love that 0-60 pull, he says it will be 4 sled length gain

Ok boys started fabricating a new frt tube bumper today, will post pic after its done, 1 1/2"

whats this steering stem relocate. anybody know how this works.

Back