• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1--summer bucket list projects (mods) whats yours

If you put a 2" pivot riser on it gets you up and forward at the same time, huge comfort difference, with 2" you don't need longer cables.

whats this steering stem relocate. anybody know how this works.
Yes a 2 inch riser does help but if you do a little searching for the "rider forward" mod on here you will find a write up by a guy named kachess I believe. He walks you through the process. It takes some work but is a huge improvement. I did mine and it's a different sled. In essence you will move the post 4 inches forward putting you at a much better place on the sled.

Like budgebeast said moves the post fowar right now I run 8 inch riser with flat 15 deg pull back bars and the bars go straight up not angled at all and there in my nuts when I stand moving them forward will make them cone out at the hood seam and. Moving the gauges to the old stem hole will allow them to be seen agian plus allows u to move forward to get more aggressive in the corners

Nice
Guys keep the real Daddy of the 4strokes strong, what are you doing to yours for next winter?
Mine so far:
Mono Skid: last year
2" pivot riser: last year
seat: last year
Handlebar hooks: last year
New grips: last year
Windshield cut down: last year

This summer:
Paint exhaust tips: done
Repair exhaust: done
13mm sway bar: done
Clutch kit: ? Not sure
Red snow flap: ordered
Coolant temp gauge: doneView attachment 108253 View attachment 108253View attachment 108433 View attachment 108433 View attachment 108253
temp ga
Temp gauge is autometer, electricView attachment 108434

Nice job on the heat gauge where might you have placed the sending unit

Last year i did a ton of mods, most in the middle of the season. oil change and battery also. this year im just having a rear fox shock rebuilt, changing a few bearings and a quick buff and wax. I considered painting the front a arms yellow, but my freinds say it looks better as is-silver. I really need to do front bushings someday soon also.

I did the Sled Dog airbox mod; still need to re-jet and clutch. My main focus is to Find a camp up North. Spent a lot of time this summer looking.

Well I went through the whole sled and replaced 6 bearings in the rear skid. Changed the left foot lwr bearing and added a white collar to the snow side of the bearing (dealer recomended it). The only mod was I changed all 28 front bushings to the new oilite yamaha kit. While I was in there I painted the front a arms radiant silver metalic. The skis were very sloppy and now they are tight. Its all buffed and waxed also. Now just waing for snow - I'm ready! Will post a picture tomorrow.

Well I went through the whole sled and replaced 6 bearings in the rear skid. Changed the left foot lwr bearing and added a white collar to the snow side of the bearing (dealer recomended it). The only mod was I changed all 28 front bushings to the new oilite yamaha kit. While I was in there I painted the front a arms radiant silver metalic. The skis were very sloppy and now they are tight. Its all buffed and waxed also. Now just waing for snow - I'm ready! Will post a picture tomorrow.
Good Job, just enjoy it now

Here are some pics of the freshly painted lower a arms and bead blasted uppers(aluminum). 28 new oilite bushings really tightened up the front end. I just assembled my new shop tool, Extreme max sled lift. I cant believe I waited this long to get one. The work height is perfect. Good quality lift. 315 on amazon, delivered. Needs grade 8 bolts on the front wheels though, you can see the right one is stressed out-grade 5. I cant wait for snow now! We had some flurries here in northern maine, but the ground and lakes are very far from frozen. Its been very mild this fall. About 10 degrees above normal all november and october too. Last winter aroostook county was the only riding for most of the season. Not much south of caribou either. Forecast says above average snow and below average temps. Hope there right.

Attachments

• 20161121_182619.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 20161121_182642.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 126
Took off the carbs and re-jetted to 165 mains after the airbox mod. Stupid #*$&@ philips screws holding the carb bowls on; stripped the heads on 2 and had to drill and easy-out them.:o| At least she started and ran great!

Back