• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 vs 1200

Nemesis6

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Attack
How close will a 1200 Doo be to my clutched and geared RX1. I have the airbox mod. The 1200 has a header and ecu reflash and clutch kit from Cudney.

Friend of mine has a brand new 1200X he bought last year...it has the Hindle full exhaust and PC5 and another guy has a clutched and geared RX1 and has no problems beating the 1200. However the cudney kit with reflashed ecu is supposed to make a big difference. It would be an interesting race and of course we always race 1000'. The RX1 is a shorty with ripsaw 2, studded to the nuts, geared down 2 teeth on the top gear, and has the K&N filters. Keep in mind the RX1 runs neck and neck with a clutched and geared Apex too so it is dialed in very well with an experienced racer.
Also, when I say he has no problems beating the 1200, its not by a large amount....like a lenth or 2.

Last edited:
Sounds like I might be able to run with him, but Mike Knapp on Dootalk says otherwise. He has one that is beating well set up Apexes.

Yea I hear my buddy speak of this Mike guy....the same guy also claims he can beat 800 Etec's. It is probably true but in all honesty, its hard to say what is done to that thing....could have the head ported, bigger cams, etc. Also, some of the 1200's work better than others. A lot of the guys on dootalk say they cannot get it to go over 100mph, while some say they can hit close to 110. I have also heard of 1200's getting beat by 600 Etecs so there ya go. All I know is that in my riding group, the Yamies rule over the 1200 at this point....and BTW I see you are from Woodstock so we are practically neighbours.

Yea I hear my buddy speak of this Mike guy....the same guy also claims he can beat 800 Etec's. It is probably true but in all honesty, its hard to say what is done to that thing....could have the head ported, bigger cams, etc. Also, some of the 1200's work better than others. A lot of the guys on dootalk say they cannot get it to go over 100mph, while some say they can hit close to 110. I have also heard of 1200's getting beat by 600 Etecs so there ya go. All I know is that in my riding group, the Yamies rule over the 1200 at this point....and BTW I see you are from Woodstock so we are practically neighbours.
i have a 2005 rx1 geared team tied secondary air box mod my friend just bought a 1200 doo with header reflash cudny set up it will be a good race iam a bit nervious .Ive beat some apexs 800 etectecs vipers etc i will post the honest story after we run

The Doo 1200 with a full exhaust and tuned is 150hp, and lighter than the RX1. On paper its a close race...best tuner wins IMO.

Don't want to be hard to get along with but that is not making me feel better. At least 5 hp less and at least 60 lbs more. Doesnt sound good.

to get good speed out of a 1200 they need to rev higher that the factory rev limiter, PC5 doesn't extend the rev limiter, my 1200 with mbrp header, rb3 with bondi programming, muffler mod and pb80 clutch set up to spin 9,000 rpms has beaten all kinds of 800's, and i have also lost to a few, its all in setup

I don't doubt that Mike Knapp can get his 1200 to run lights out. He is a former world record holder that use to race mostly Yamaha but also Articat. Mike can make anything run hard. He has the knowledge and the talent to do what he claims but for the rest of non world record holder tuners , the 1200 disappoints most that run against a properly set up Apex.

ok here it is my best friend has a 2011 renagade 1200 header powerblock ,cudney kit ecm reflash .We were out all day yesterday ran on a road for about 20 miles raced many times.roll on side by side to 90mph then he starts walking away the same everytime ,Dont like it but if going to get beat might as well be by my friend.Iam geared to low so going up a tooth on top then we will get outand run again.His sled is strong on bottom and has great legs .Ive beat alot of bigger sleds so if you race one make sure your ready ,This is the truth hats of to my buddy he has a rocket

ok here it is my best friend has a 2011 renagade 1200 header powerblock ,cudney kit ecm reflash .We were out all day yesterday ran on a road for about 20 miles raced many times.roll on side by side to 90mph then he starts walking away the same everytime ,Dont like it but if going to get beat might as well be by my friend.Iam geared to low so going up a tooth on top then we will get outand run again.His sled is strong on bottom and has great legs .Ive beat alot of bigger sleds so if you race one make sure your ready ,This is the truth hats of to my buddy he has a rocket

What gearing are you running. I have stock gearing and I am having the opposite results. Stock gearing and I get beat on launch by 2-4 lengths and by 60 mph I am reeling him in. At 100 mph I am going by.By him I mean a 1200 shorty with the Cudney goodies. Both of us have close to the same amount of studs. That thing leaves hard but I can catch it.

Back