• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 vs 1200

No thanks. Not interested in getting hammered by a couple of pros. Just want to beat my buddy.

sorry i meant do direspect i wish we were pros,ok what year is your rx so i can tell you how to set up skid for better traction then what do you have for clutching and what rpm is it turning drop top 23 top gear

Not sure what you mean with gearing comment. Sled is 04. not sure about clutching as i bought the sled thid way. Previous owner said it had a clutch kit. When I first hit it rpms go to 10000 and at full speed is up to 10200. I have had it going almost 115 so topend is excellent. Just need some better accelleration.

if the gearing is stock it would have 24-38 24 top 38 bottom i would drop it to 23 on top,you need to get rpm to 10300 right away.depending on what weights you have would determine what to do.Adust nuts on tranfer rods up as far as they go check front limiter strap adjust it to the holes that make it the longest.if it is spinning it will overshift that might be why its turning 10000 rpm at first.Get traction and drop it a tooth on top gear.

let me know what spring are they will have colour codes on them your rear helix also what weights are in it heelklickers the weights that have bolts on the underside to shift rpm

I don't doubt that Mike Knapp can get his 1200 to run lights out. He is a former world record holder that use to race mostly Yamaha but also Articat. Mike can make anything run hard. He has the knowledge and the talent to do what he claims but for the rest of non world record holder tuners , the 1200 disappoints most that run against a properly set up Apex.

Spot on, I do know Mike, I have been over to his place too and seen his 1200. I think he has a couple of them now. He might not race anymore competitive but the guy still knows how to make stuff run. Its his passion, he lives it.

He did have a good run with Cat before Yamaha though. His Thundercat in the early '90s was insane fast for the time as was his Wildcat 700. He was sponsored by Cat when ice drags were still a big thing. He used to clean up on Hauck, which back then wasn't an easy feat.

No thanks. Not interested in getting hammered by a couple of pros. Just want to beat my buddy.
Sounds like he was willing to help you out and help get your sled dialed. Nothing better than the side by side testing to get things ironed out.

thats the best to dail in your sled side by side running work on one sled and dont touch the other.Thats how you get faster plus lets you understand what clutching changes work.Just because your turning right rpm doesent mean its working the best it can.Seen many times two cluch setups turning same rpm and one is way quicker and faster,have to load engine as hard as possible everywhere with good backshift while holding right rpm .

Back