• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 vs 1200

So how did you make out?
Its a fast sled,He didn't want to run from a dig, so we did a roll. The first one I got behind at the beginning a narrow trail and I had to burp the gas to keep from hitting his sled and it took 300 400 fee to catch up and then pass. the second run I was able to get out front right from the start and pull im not sure how many lenghts 4,5,6,or so.
but he run another apex from a dig and didn't come out of the hole with him and was able to pull by him on the top.

What is done to your sled?
Just the stuff listed below, look down. The clutch ramps I have been playing around with combos for years. I bought the sled used and the previous owner modded the muffler and did nothing else as far as i know. I don't believe he added a timing key, because I have been using reg gas for 4 yerars

Just the stuff listed below, look down. The clutch ramps I have been playing around with combos for years. I bought the sled used and the previous owner modded the muffler and did nothing else as far as i know. I don't believe he added a timing key, because I have been using reg gas for 4 yerars
So what are you using for ramps now?

we ran last weekand we raced three 800 skidoos for 15 miles never dropped below 80 mph we would pull out at anytime and go by them one was etec other two were 800r but the 1200 gets me one bottom now not bad so i bought a apex changed all my clutch stuff over,Running team tied secondary set up/i will let you know how i do with new sled

yes it will if i spent some time there close i have to stiff a secondary spring in mine just a got good deal on the apex very low kilos .I cant take anything away from my buddies sled as he runs right with a 2013 apex .

Excuse my newbie ignorance guys, but what's an RX-1?
They must not make them anymore and haven't in a while because I went back to 2010 on snowmobile.com & can't find any info on that model.

I have a 2016 1200 and just picked up a 2010 Nytro for my son & was wondering how the 2 will compare. I didn't realize what a hotrod these big 3 cyl. are.
Sounds like it doesn't take much to put them in 800 class HP, just like the Ski-Doo 1200's

A long time, 10+ years I'd guess but pretty seriously the last 5-6 years since I started warehousing for CVTech.
By green I meant I'm just not as familiar with Yamaha's models, I'm pretty new around here.

I bought my first brand new sled 2 years ago and 3 years ago I was looking at the Viper models, ended up holding off for a year and buying a 1200 instead.
Now I own a CAT, a Yamaha Nytro and 3 Doo's, but we have 6 kids who enjoy the sport. I wasn't brought up with sledding in my life until I was in my 20's, but my kids grew up riding MX and now sleds in their teens.

Excuse my newbie ignorance guys, but what's an RX-1?
They must not make them anymore and haven't in a while because I went back to 2010 on snowmobile.com & can't find any info on that model.

I have a 2016 1200 and just picked up a 2010 Nytro for my son & was wondering how the 2 will compare. I didn't realize what a hotrod these big 3 cyl. are.
Sounds like it doesn't take much to put them in 800 class HP, just like the Ski-Doo 1200's

The RX-1 was the predecessor to the Apex and was offered from 2003-2005, the Apex came out in 2006 and is still in play. The Rx-1 had carbs while the Apex is fuel injected. The 1000 Genesis 4 cylinder 4 stroke is based of the R1 bike motor but detuned to run at a lower rpm and uses gear reduction for more efficient clutching. Also the RX-1 has a more sit down style from the past.

A side note: I did hear from my OFFICIAL source this weekend. Yes that's the same source I found out about the current Sidewinder offering before it was released........the Apex will no longer be offered after the 2018 season. Unless Yamaha changes their mind you can take that to the bank.

Back