• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rxrider's Turbo Garage - pics back, will continue

Good stuff rxrider !!!!! I have read all 77 pages! Enjoy your Semi retirement. We need pictures of that 375 HP standing on end! :4STroke:

I hope to have it built before the 2018 season, then the sled is 12 years old, but it will still be the king of the lake and on the hill :)

Good to see you back here.
Too bad (for us..) that you`re slowing down. Hopefully you will update this unique thread from time to time with your projects as they come along.

I have recieved a warning from Photobucket that says:
WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING
PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING

Your account has been restricted for excessive usage and 3rd party hosting.
Your photos is still safe in Your account but you will not be able to link them to 3rd party web-sites unless you Upgrade Your account.

Basically Photobucket wants me to pay to allow for "3rd party hosting", sadly I do not want to pay Photobucket anything.
To be able to host all the pics I've added to TY, I've used and filled up 4 Photobucket accounts under 4 different usernames.
Moving the Pictures to another host is out of the question because of the hours and months I've put into maintaining the pics on Photobucket and in my threads on TY4stroke.
I'm really sad it has come to this ;):D

I don't know at what date the pics will go away, and as I said I have pics in 4 accounts so it may take some time before it's all gone.

WOW - Photobucket came to their sences and allowed for 3rd-party hosting, my pics are back up again. :beer:

Last edited:
I saw this on another forum 2 weeks ago and immediately thought of this thread. What a shame, so much for cloud hosting, comes back to if you don't own the data you can't control it! I loath photobucket since they made it almost worthless a few years ago with the slowest responding site ever. Now they want everyone to pay. The forums all across the internet will dry up with missing pictures. I sure wish there was a easy way to port the picture image onto the forum they are linked from. Booooo photobucket!!! Grrr......:mad:

I have recieved a warning from Photobucket that says:
WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING
PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING

Your account has been restricted for excessive usage and 3rd party hosting.
Your photos is still safe in Your account but you will not be able to link them to 3rd party web-sites unless you Upgrade Your account.

Basically Photobucket wants me to pay to allow for "3rd party hosting", sadly I do not want to pay Photobucket anything.
To be able to host all the pics I've added to TY, I've used and filled up 4 Photobucket accounts under 4 different usernames.
Moving the Pictures to another host is out of the question because of the hours and months I've put into maintaining the pics on Photobucket and in my threads on TY4stroke.
I'm really sad it has come to this ;):D

I don't know at what date the pics will go away, and as I said I have pics in 4 accounts so it may take some time before it's all gone.
THERE IS A FIX:

Use chrome as browser and download this add on boom everything works!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...aolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj/related?hl=en

Miss the updates to the turbo garage. Thanks rxrider, I've followed for several years and learned a lot from your work. I think your posts and tech tips encouraged many to tackle more advanced projects playing with "boost". Most of the TY activity is over in the sidewinder forums these days, discussing bolt on parts and flashes. Exciting tech for sure, but Not quite the same as some of the custom projects done here in the earlier days of boosted sleds.

How much money does photobucket want?
I am sure we can somehow as a group cover it.
I'm in.

I would help. Photobucket is just a start. Put file did it too with crazy pop ups and just losing files. They have the power and they know it.

2015-12-10%2022.10.52.jpg

2015-12-10%2022.10.52.jpg

Last edited:
Just checked with Photobucket, they want me to pay $399.99USD a year for each account, for a total of $1200USD for all my four accounts.
That is just not going to happen even, I just can't pay that kind of cash for Photobuckets lousy ad-riddeled junk service.
No way, Photobucket is just not worth it.

Back