• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SE ride quality - Compared to LE Qs3r

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
I would love an LE with the Qs3r...ride seems fantastic. Still undecided on what I might do, but after riding Toms turbo this week for 110miles I sure miss big top end arm stretching power. My gps and radar gun have been lonely for awhile now never seeing much over 111 since I went over to doo. LOL

Anyway.....

It seems if I do something this season, it will be an SE. Not by choice but it is what it is.....So i would like to hear from those with SE models, and better yet 129 SE, as Im nothing but a short track guy with our tight trail system and really dont want to argue track length.

So lets hear about your SE and how the ride quality is....I see the specs show RC shocks up front, Im assuming that is a one clicker knob deal(similar to my doo X) with NON ressie style coilover....How well do these front work on sucking up junk?

Out back, it seems things are more basic....and this is where I worry, as the LE setup is so nice with the QS3 in center and rear. Would like to hear the good,bad and ugly about SE rear ride quality.

may end up having to wait for 18 to get LE , but I do like the price better on SE..LOL

thnx
Dan

Last edited:

Dan not much yet but I did start a thread on the 137 LTX-SE. I will be adding to the thread with more seat time soon

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/137-sidewinder-se-owners-suspension-set-up.146223/

IMO the 129 would be better if your a turn burn to turn guy.. I kind of wish I would have gone 129" Kind of early to say in concrete but its getting that way for me.. They just (137") seem so nose heavy.. Mine is still a work in progress

137" S.E. it's the stuff dreams are made of.

Northwoods Wis. has very demanding & technical trails. And this s.e. delivered.

jt curious where your at with setting on everything?

All stock setting. It was -10° and challenging enough just to be out there. Hahaha.
Trail was extremely tight. As you could imagine. Needed to give the front skid spring a turn, To loosen things up. But I didnt have it in me.
Against what everyone comes in here and says, tuners worked well for me. Some ski dancing and very little darting went on. Trust me, sled got pushed. It got hot in -15° if you know what I mean.

Yea its going to be hard for me to compare . I have SLT's with 7.5 shapers and 192 nails in it. I think I have it close but still working on it..

Yea its going to be hard for me to compare . I have SLT's with 7.5 shapers and 192 nails in it. I think I have it close but still working on it..

I wanted to understand what Yamaha delivered. I'm new to Yamaha. I know, weird! Lol. Stock carbides & no studs.
I'm still debating studs. Have 144 1.375's???? Also watching to see which pattern. Didn't want to damage louvers.

I'm sorry, Dan.

I would love an LE with the Qs3r...ride seems fantastic. Still undecided on what I might do, but after riding Toms turbo this week for 110miles I sure miss big top end arm stretching power. My gps and radar gun have been lonely for awhile now never seeing much over 111 since I went over to doo. LOL

Anyway.....

It seems if I do something this season, it will be an SE. Not by choice but it is what it is.....So i would like to hear from those with SE models, and better yet 129 SE, as Im nothing but a short track guy with our tight trail system and really dont want to argue track length.

So lets hear about your SE and how the ride quality is....I see the specs show RC shocks up front, Im assuming that is a one clicker knob deal(similar to me doo X) with NON ressie style coilover....How well do these front work on sucking up junk?

Out back, it seems things are more basic....and this is where I worry, as the LE setup is so nice with the QS3 in center and rear. Would like to hear the good,bad and ugly about SE rear ride quality.

may end up having to wait for 18 to get LE , but I do like the price better on SE..LOL

thnx
Dan

My local dealer has a brand new orange and black for 13k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have about 250 miles on my se. Can't compare to the qs3 shocks...but night and day better ride than my old procross with floats. I'm sure the qs3 are an upgrade...but I'm happy with what I have. I bought on a whim about 3 weeks ago..so I had to pick what was in stock

The Sidewinder LE is special! through the trails tight, or fast big sweepers. Whatever trail doesn't matter, jumps, chatter, mogals.The one thing I can say about the SE is that it's fantastic! according to two buddy's of mine. They just complain about having not enough adjustment and the centre shock could be improved (real easy with a dual rate spring) dampening does come with the SE I beilieve only in the fronts. "Sucking up junk" the SE is really good when going through a whooped out trail and or chatter, super flat and confidence inspiring like most pro cross chassis, coming off a big jump it's ok depends how big. I'm a 99.9% trail guy and so are my buds, so ya 129" is the best suited for me. Lighter in the front and very quick responding rear skid.

Do we think that Yamaha will not offer the LE with the Qs3r. Like the x-tx 137 LE with the Qs3r. Is that typical to rotate their offerings?

I have the LE XTX 137 with the QS3 shocks, have to say it is as smooth as butter through the giggles. Even threw my wife on it, switched the shocks to the low settings. And she got off after twenty miles and said I have to sell the FX Nytro XTX and look for another SW. So that was good and bad. lol

Dan not much yet but I did start a thread on the 137 LTX-SE. I will be adding to the thread with more seat time soon

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/137-sidewinder-se-owners-suspension-set-up.146223/

IMO the 129 would be better if your a turn burn to turn guy.. I kind of wish I would have gone 129" Kind of early to say in concrete but its getting that way for me.. They just (137") seem so nose heavy.. Mine is still a work in progress
Any thoughts on why the 137s feel nose heavy.

Any thoughts on why the 137s feel nose heavy.
From what I hear from multiple people is they come with to much front ski pressure so what they are saying to do is lossen the front shocks up and tighten the front skid shock .. so it add more track pressure less ski pressure

Back