• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SE ride quality - Compared to LE Qs3r

I just installed the C&A RZ skis with 9" shapers how do I lighten up the ski pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Increase spring tension on front shock located by limiter straps. And or loosen front shock springs

that said...you never know...my riding time might be limited so might have to off her...never know

I just installed the C&A RZ skis with 9" shapers how do I lighten up the ski pressure

Cat missed the boat on that True Dual rate spring on the center shock of skid. Everyone from Sidewinder to XC Cat 6000 race guys are complaining about the heavy steering created by that spring setup. for now with sled in air crank the preload up till there is only a 1/4in gap between crossover and preload nut. Then fine tune 1/2 turn at a time from there. Real solution is correct springs. I like the cat 160lb #2704-229 but have not confirmed fitment on the XC or Winder yet. Then we will hear about those with Tuners pushing!

for now with sled in air crank the preload up till there is only a 1/4in gap between crossover and preload nut.
Cannondale not sure I follow .. crossover? Thanks

for now with sled in air crank the preload up till there is only a 1/4in gap between crossover and preload nut.
Cannondale not sure I follow .. crossover? Thanks
On the LE's and XC with QS3 center shock there is a true dual rate spring on center shock. Your SE has a regular one piece spring. Both setups are soft with true 3 piece LE way to soft. In your case with the one piece spring it will have about 1/8in gaps between the tighter wound section of spring when preload is set tight enough.

Cat missed the boat on that True Dual rate spring on the center shock of skid. Everyone from Sidewinder to XC Cat 6000 race guys are complaining about the heavy steering created by that spring setup. for now with sled in air crank the preload up till there is only a 1/4in gap between crossover and preload nut. Then fine tune 1/2 turn at a time from there. Real solution is correct springs. I like the cat 160lb #2704-229 but have not confirmed fitment on the XC or Winder yet. Then we will hear about those with Tuners pushing!

havent even looked...is there a rebound screw? also your tuning notes...what weight rider is that aimed at>?

havent even looked...is there a rebound screw? also your tuning notes...what weight rider is that aimed at>?
LE has NO rebound adjuster on center shock. Shock is awesome. Spring is no good(helper spring). Rider weight from 300lb trail rider to 150lb XC racer. Pretty much wrong for all if riding hard. Can be adjusted enough but then you lose almost all benefit of the dual rate setup.

Last edited:
On the LE's and XC with QS3 center shock there is a true dual rate spring on center shock. Your SE has a regular one piece spring. Both setups are soft with true 3 piece LE way to soft. In your case with the one piece spring it will have about 1/8in gaps between the tighter wound section of spring when preload is set tight enough.
K. thanks.. That spring/ shock is what is giving me problems for sure.. I need to turn it up some MORE. I even thought about just throwing a different shock and spring combo all together in.. Seems early, but that is a issue on the 137 LE.. ALSO the rear shock is to stiff.. needs valve job! You know anyone? LOL . Might be in touch after season.. Probably ride what I got and tune it best I can.. Damn that center shock!

3e5de6a09c47e8d70beb2bb0bfbb2499.jpg

Ideally Cat would use this existing setup and go back to the 2012,13 geometry the skid had at rear scissors so the sled has Sag at rear and isn't like a lame wannabe HotRod or Cat with its #*$&@ in air. If I owned a 137" I would be drilling new holes in skid for scissors 1" forward to get that #*$&@ end to have some real sag. 129's there is a window where hole used to be so not possible.

K. thanks.. That spring/ shock is what is giving me problems for sure.. I need to turn it up some MORE. I even thought about just throwing a different shock and spring combo all together in.. Seems early, but that is a issue on the 137 LE.. ALSO the rear shock is to stiff.. needs valve job! You know anyone? LOL . Might be in touch after season.. Probably ride what I got and tune it best I can.. Damn that center shock!
The torsions do break in a lot Jon so give it 3-500 hard miles before condemning your SE rear shock. They are pretty darn good at that point. Not as good as my valving but closer than 14 and 15 Vipers!

So I should ride it for 3-500 miles to break the suspension in?

Last edited:

Back