• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seafoam

I've put Seafoam directly into the gas tank with fresh fuel. Never heard of it being added to oil

You can add it in the oil tank, but why are you putting sea foam in engine is the engine full of sludge from lack of maintenance? I have used sea foam in car engines that come to the shop with poor maintenance and engine is full of sludge. I normal use sea foam in the fuel tank to stabilize fuel and keep injectors or carbs clean. Hope this helps.

dudester4 said:
when adding seafoam to engine, do you put it in the oil tank, or the head.

Oil tank! But do not run it for long with it in. It will clean the motor and turn the oil black in no time. Short ride and dump it out. It will clean rings and everything else. I put it in my oil on my warrior and in the fuel tank at the same time. Went for a 40 mile ride and dumped it out. I did not pin it either as it does thin the oil a bit!

i just want to put in for the rings. but i start my sled every week all year so i was gonna just run it in there this summer when i start it up and let run for 5 min at a time then dump it this fall when i change oil.

Just did this to my 03. Put 1.5 oz per liter of oil and some in the gas tank and Ran it for thirty miles. When I got back I raised the back of the sled to level the engine and poured an oz in each cylinder and left it for a couple days. I rotated the engine by twisting the clutch back and for the several times a day. I started the engine till it was warm and changed the oil. Won't know if it will help until next year but the oil was really dirty so it must have cleaned something.

Brand new to TY4 here... I put seafoam in my 2003 RX1 gas tank and I am noticing alot of black soot at the exhaust tips. Is this normal?? It was my first ride on the sled and didn't know how old the gas was so I topped it off with new gas and some seafoam. Any thoughts??

my rx threw soot all the time. it is normal.

Back