• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Second Venture MP

Ice_fisher

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture MP
Hi,

I haven't posted in a while. I just purchased my second MP sold my 2010 last spring and bought a new 2016 MP. I have 140 miles on it already snow has been good in MB better then the last 2 winters so far. The first thing I did to the new MP was take those tuner skies off put 7 inch VK skis with 4 inch carbides. Put low snow wheel kit on up front at the curve of the rail. Put the windshield bag on, cord for the plug in charger and polished it up. The one thing I did notice is the front suspension is stiff that will be the next thing I will be adjusting take some pre load out seems a bit more tippy then my 2010 MP because of the stiffness of the front coil spring I am guessing. Hope to put some good miles on the MP this winter.

Nice! What made you buy a new one? Mine is 10 years old and I wouldn't trade it in unless going for something different, like a Venture RS/TF.

My buddy was bugging me to sell it and I made out good with the sale and he did as well and I could get a great deal on a 2016 in Saskatchewan and I am there 1-2 a month with work the Yamaha dealer had 2 in stock and a TF, so went new. That said I was almost going to by a TF but couldn't pull the trigger on it. I also looked hard at the 900 ace expedition, and Bear Cat. After all summer of looking at machines and reviews I keep going back to the MP for what I use the sled for and the fact my 2010 was a comfortable machine to run. Plenty of torque and like the sound and the price I picked the new one up for was worth the upgraded to a new machine. I wil mist likely keep this MP for a long time.

Good choice ;)!. Good deal for everybody all around. If you're happy with it, why not go back? Mine's still running strong at 14k Km so you'll have many years together.

Happy New Year and Happy New Sled!

Thanks Mooseman Happy New Year to you As well. I hope to have 14 k on this MP and have it running strong like yours. I think this was the best choice for my riding style and young family with the two up can take the wife on back and two kids in the cutter and away we go.

Back