• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary clutch for mp

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012Yamaha venture MP, 1969 arctic cat panther,1956 ski doo chalet
I recently had my secondary go for a $hit on me! The C clip broke and then everything else right behind it. I called the dealer and it's a big kiss for a new one! Can anyone help me and tell me what else I can use because I can't find a used one any help would be nice. Thanks in advance!:) sorry it's a 2012 venture mp

Still being relatively new at all of this I have to ask, 'What is a reverse secondary?' What style do these sleds have stock?

polarticyamadoo, not sure about that handle ... do you have a hard time committing? Good luck with your repairs.

We also have @BombaPolaYama who owns a VL and also did this conversion. Hopefully he'll chime in.

Not sure what "reverse" secondary means but it might have to do with the helix being exposed on the opposite side or the outer sheave the moves rather than the inner.

I've been lucky that mine hasn't exploded in 13k km. However, I did read on here that if you take it apart to use a new C-Clip, which is what I did a couple years ago. Cheap insurance against a failure.

Good reminder about the new C-clip, I remember that one too. Mooseman, I was hoping you might say more about your expectation that your secondary is on borrowed time. I will likely have that sort of mileage on mine this time next year and I haven't touched mine except to clean it (8300km now). Anything you can say about avoiding catastrophic failures and expensive repairs would be appreciated.

New clip and blind luck? I put in new buttons at about 10k and cleaned/polished the ramps. Use Yamaha buttons. Other brands don't last. When opening the sheaves to replace the belt, don't let it snap shut or you could break the buttons.

for replacement secondary's you can use phazer (all years), exciter, pogo vmax, ss440, enticer II, old pogo ventures and vk540 II/III. might need to reuse your helix but all those are the same style.

the reverse seondary is a stock secondary from any pro action to present sled modified to fit other than the rare pre modded ones for the late 90s vmaxes.

Thanks for the help guys! The name comes from a sled my brother in law and I slapped together out of a bunch of scrap sleds and ended up selling it a few years later and got $300 for it! Lol The sled in the pic is my wife's it was her fathers which I refurbished for her a few years ago (1969 panther) I am a Yamaha guy!...if they made a truck I would have one! Lol

I recently had my secondary go for a $hit on me! The C clip broke and then everything else right behind it. I called the dealer and it's a big kiss for a new one! Can anyone help me and tell me what else I can use because I can't find a used one any help would be nice. Thanks in advance!:) sorry it's a 2012 venture mp
That's too bad, the same thing happened to mine but it was my fault I didn't replace the silly clip. So the best thing is if you can get one from an older style Yammie - they are much better with more adjustability and no C-clip. And all the info you need is in the two links that Mooseman gave.

proaction sled is newer than most of the ones i have listed.

Back