• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder at Hastings.

IBABAD1

Lifetime Member
Was at Hastings for the grass drags and a guy raced his Sidewinder with 2 miles on it. Ran 5.70 in 500 ft. He only had studs in track, no other mods. Looked very impressive. Just thought I would share this info, I thought it was pretty cool.

If it's the same Kirk Robinson that I know, he's a great dude! Helped me out with some Vmax4 parts a couple years ago. I was there for the swap and wish i'd have known he was there as I would have stopped and said Hi.

He ran a V4 there a couple years back...so it's probably him.

Raced our sidewinder today at buxton grass drags in maine,no studs all stock,with just some minor suspension adjustments,to lower her,there is a video up on face book,he had to qualifie an ET but was spinning very badly off clay line and all the way down the track,he dialed in 5.553 at 91.2 mph,and than got thrown into open mod class because it was a turbo,top speed of day was 109 track length 400 feet,there timing equiptment may have been messing up some,because of some of the ET's came in so low,but speed did not match it. His ET when he raced a full mod 1010 cat was 5.335 no mph given,the sled that won ran a 5.003 @ 94 mph don't add up,and you can see in the video,we were reeling him in,next week in livermoor falls maine there is a gras drag event going on,and it may be 600 ft,or at least 500 which is normal.

Raced our sidewinder today at buxton grass drags in maine,no studs all stock,with just some minor suspension adjustments,to lower her,there is a video up on face book,he had to qualifie an ET but was spinning very badly off clay line and all the way down the track,he dialed in 5.553 at 91.2 mph,and than got thrown into open mod class because it was a turbo,top speed of day was 109 track length 400 feet,there timing equiptment may have been messing up some,because of some of the ET's came in so low,but speed did not match it. His ET when he raced a full mod 1010 cat was 5.335 no mph given,the sled that won ran a 5.003 @ 94 mph don't add up,and you can see in the video,we were reeling him in,next week in livermoor falls maine there is a gras drag event going on,and it may be 600 ft,or at least 500 which is normal.
Can you post a youtube link?

we raced at barnyard all terraine field,two weeks ago,they had there first sled grass drags,it was just a bragging rights type drag race,400 feet,on all nice mowed grass,well at the start it was all grass,but they had side by side races 4 whelers racing and sleds,plus water racing,great day 500 people 300 sleds,flagged by hand,no lights,just to see who crossed the line first,we will do it all over again November 27th and this time I will be studded and crank up engagement,i did run 93 mph and it gpsed 93 in 550feet. with 5 miles on it.

Back