• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder BTX vs Renegade 850 etec

furg69

Expert
Well finally seen first hand at some local drags this week of the sidewinder up against the new big bad boy 850 etec. Wasn't even close. The sidewinder destroyed that thing in every drag. No doubt the renegade would get a sled lenght or 2 on holeshot but the BTX caught it in a 100 ft or so and passed it like it was stopped. Both sleds bone stock. Of the few 850s around here most all other stock 800s beat it.

Well finally seen first hand at some local drags this week of the sidewinder up against the new big bad boy 850 etec. Wasn't even close. The sidewinder destroyed that thing in every drag. No doubt the renegade would get a sled lenght or 2 on holeshot but the BTX caught it in a 100 ft or so and passed it like it was stopped. Both sleds bone stock. Of the few 850s around here most all other stock 800s beat it.
:worth:

The low end of the SW stock appears to be the biggest culprit,once clutched even stock ones wake up,as long as they are broke in at least 100 or so miles,but there are a few good 850,s around,that are well tuned,and may or will give a stoker fits to 100.

Ken, how's the tweaked sidewinder coming? If your 850 is still handing it to the Winder. Get a new Winder. Cause yours must be broke. Lol!

Ken, how's the tweaked sidewinder coming? If your 850 is still handing it to the Winder. Get a new Winder. Cause yours must be broke. Lol!
YA,it's alot better .Sometimes now it feels like it going faster than the speedo reads .One thing for sure is ,Don't get it stuck .my 850 is still more fun to ride though ,and i''ll have a 2018 also .

YA,it's alot better .Sometimes now it feels like it going faster than the speedo reads .One thing for sure is ,Don't get it stuck .my 850 is still more fun to ride though ,and i''ll have a 2018 also .

2018 what? I prey not an 850.....

850's are awesome. Especially if one has a fear of going fast.......Some people are afraid of heights? I get it!

2018 what? I prey not an 850.....

850's are awesome. Especially if one has a fear of going fast.......Some people are afraid of heights? I get it!
Ya another 850 ,as i already have 5 other yamaha sleds .

The 850's are very fast and so much fun to ride that everything else feels like it was built in 1970. If you don't believe me just go to DooTalk and read all about it.

The 850's are very fast and so much fun to ride that everything else feels like it was built in 1970. If you don't believe me just go to DooTalk and read all about it.

Actually I think you're onto something here...

Here it is...the new 2018 - 850. They've gone 1970 retro to accommodate the expected 2018 performance gains.

If you spring order, you receive a color matching optional speedometer and yellow tinted glasses so you can see how slow you're actually moving...

b47f07b0538862058327c9596bd99c40.jpg

Actually I think you're onto something here...

Here it is...the new 2018 - 850. They've gone 1970 retro to accommodate the expected 2018 performance gains.

If you spring order, you receive a color matching optional speedometer and yellow tinted glasses so you can see how slow you're actually moving...

b47f07b0538862058327c9596bd99c40.jpg
Thats a real nice 850. I like the tall windshield option.

Joe ,atleast on dt you can talk about other brands ,.Here it seems if your not talking yamaha and pounding your chest ,and being bias ,there's no need for you to post .The 850 is also pure brp where's the sw is a cat with a yamaha motor .Thank god for brp accessories or most sw owners would have none .My sw does ride farely well though as long as i'm on groomed trails .

Last edited:
Thats a real nice 850. I like the tall windshield option.

Although it seems like they're bringing the chassis, motor, and everything else back to 1970 to promote and align actual performance gains (they wanted to keep it real for 2018), everything else is built for safety.

Such as a the headlight. It shoots a clear, crisp beam 3-4 ft in front the machine at top speed (so you can never outrun your lights - an industry first!). The 2017s headlamps outshot the actual top speed of the machines and this greatly confused the operator when wearing the yellow tinted glasses (as it would shine on competitive snow flaps and tail lights causing disappointment and depression).

It also comes with a Kool-Aid cup holder if you spring order before April 21st. This allows all the Doo owners to "drink the yellow Kool-Aid" while on the trails to improve morale (another industry first).

Although it seems like they're bringing the chassis, motor, and everything else back to 1970 to promote and align actual performance gains (they wanted to keep it real for 2018), everything else is built for safety.

Such as a the headlight. It shoots a clear, crisp beam 3-4 ft in front the machine at top speed (so you can never outrun your lights - an industry first!). The 2017s headlamps outshot the actual top speed of the machines and this greatly confused the operator when wearing the yellow tinted glasses (as it would shine on competitive snow flaps and tail lights causing disappointment and depression).

It also comes with a Kool-Aid cup holder if you spring order before April 21st. This allows all the Doo owners to "drink the yellow Kool-Aid" while on the trails to improve morale (another industry first).
Spoken straight from the trailer park .

Back