• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Helix

Did you notice any difference in how the Dalton helix contacted the rollers?

Everything good so far. Will there be a roller that will not have contact? I am betting so...but I wouldn't be worried about it.

Bad part...the rollers are a moveable item where the pucks were not. You may not realize this...but the helix on the older button clutches did not make contact on all of them either. Wear was different from puck to puck, but the moveable roller makes everyone freak out.

Everything good so far. Will there be a roller that will not have contact? I am betting so...but I wouldn't be worried about it.

Bad part...the rollers are a moveable item where the pucks were not. You may not realize this...but the helix on the older button clutches did not make contact on all of them either. Wear was different from puck to puck, but the moveable roller makes everyone freak out.

I remember this as well. The tolerances across the board would have to be extremely tight to ensure all 3 touched.

I have a stm 38 helix on now and only one roller touches. My stock helix had 2 touching at least.

I have a dalton helix and cat rollers. All rollers are touching. 350 miles on the new rollers and helix. Everything looks good

I have a dalton helix and cat rollers. All rollers are touching. 350 miles on the new rollers and helix. Everything looks good
Stock helix with cat rollers, all 3 touching. Guess I'm lucky.

I thought I read earlier but can't find it now - do the Dalton helixes have a slightly deeper pocket than stock? Meaning, will one of these negate the need for me to have the stock pocket machined deeper to avoid coil bind?

Terry, can you post your rpms, from initial flash to top speed, with the reverse helix (33/39??) please.

Traditionally with 4s torque we want to flash lower on torque and build rpms on top speed, but it seems by your posts the turbo likes to drop down rpms on top end to build more speed? Just want to understand your setup bud.

thnx

Last edited:
Terry, can you post your rpms, from initial flash to top speed, with the reverse helix (33/39??) please.

Traditionally with 4s torque we want to flash lower on torque and build rpms on top speed, but it seems by your posts the turbo likes to drop down rpms on top end to build more speed? Just want to understand your setup bud.

thnx

Stock helix - my run would be 8,900 - 9,000 -9,100 - 9,100 - 9,000 - and finish off at 8,9XX

Reverse angle - 9,200 - 9,200 - 9,100 - 9,000 - 8,900 - and finish at 8,8XX

This is why the sled will stand up so easy, because of the reverse angle helix

Back