• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder LTX in a 10' trailer?

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I have been agonizing over whether to negotiate on buying another sled and the only real hiccup in the whole deal is the fact that my trailer is a Sno Pro 10' clamshell and the sled I'm looking at is a 137" Sidewinder.I asked the dealer that has the sled what the overall length of it is from ski tip to rear bumper and he said it is 10'.I'm not sure I can squeeze this thing into my trailer and I really can't afford to replace both this year.Has anyone else had a similar conundrum?If I run the skis up front as far as they will go can I get the shell to close past the rear bumper?Eventually I'll be buying a 12' hybrid so it won't be an issue,but until then I'll be using the clamshell.

I have been agonizing over whether to negotiate on buying another sled and the only real hiccup in the whole deal is the fact that my trailer is a Sno Pro 10' clamshell and the sled I'm looking at is a 137" Sidewinder.I asked the dealer that has the sled what the overall length of it is from ski tip to rear bumper and he said it is 10'.I'm not sure I can squeeze this thing into my trailer and I really can't afford to replace both this year.Has anyone else had a similar conundrum?If I run the skis up front as far as they will go can I get the shell to close past the rear bumper?Eventually I'll be buying a 12' hybrid so it won't be an issue,but until then I'll be using the clamshell.

I believe the 137 is 125 inches from tip to tail. The 129 is 118 inches. I was stressing over the same idea, cuz I have a 10ft Floe clamshell as well, and I didn't want to buy both a new sled and trailer this year too! I was told by guys who have 137 length sleds, that they fit in 10ft trailers easily if you take out the board up front and push em forward that LIL bit. A guy I sold my Apex to two months ago has a 141 inch sled in a 10ft trailer.

That being said, I ordered an 18 Winder that is 129 inches lol!! I wanted the shorter track anyway, and glad I'm going that route. But I was wondering and wondering the same thing when I was debating the idea of 137 or 129 and my 10ft trailer too.

Last edited:
My 137 fit in my old 10' trailer
have to pull all the way up so the skis are into the kick out
if you have a tall windshield be careful cuz it might hit

tongue weight is generally a good thing as long as its not to excessive. It keeps the hay wagon effect of the swaying back and forth from happening. I have a 144 apex in my 10' clam and it just fits have to push the snow flap in a little bit. and I can still lift the front of the trailer with it on.

My viper xtx"`s both fit in my 10,' flow with a snow cap cover just the mud flaps pushes on the canvas

I believe the 137 is 125 inches from tip to tail. The 129 is 118 inches. I was stressing over the same idea, cuz I have a 10ft Floe clamshell as well, and I didn't want to buy both a new sled and trailer this year too! I was told by guys who have 137 length sleds, that they fit in 10ft trailers easily if you take out the board up front and push em forward that LIL bit. A guy I sold my Apex to two months ago has a 141 inch sled in a 10ft trailer.

That being said, I ordered an 18 Winder that is 129 inches lol!! I wanted the shorter track anyway, and glad I'm going that route. But I was wondering and wondering the same thing when I was debating the idea of 137 or 129 and my 10ft trailer too.
If I could get the red and white LTX colours in a 129" sled then that's what I'd buy for the sole reason of having a little extra room in my trailer,but it only comes in the 137.I REALLY want this sled but I need it like I need another hole in my head lol.

If I could get the red and white LTX colours in a 129" sled then that's what I'd buy for the sole reason of having a little extra room in my trailer,but it only comes in the 137.I REALLY want this sled but I need it like I need another hole in my head lol.

You thinking of buying it used? Or is there a new "leftover" you found? I'm pretty sure the 137 is gonna fit in your trailer, so just go and do it lol. If you pass it up, you'll be kicking yourself come November when the season starts to gear up!! None of us need to spend 15-16 thousand dollars on a machine that we can only use 3 months, but that's what makes this sport so special....it only comes for a few months a year, and then it's gone. Only to return 9 months later with renewed anticipation!! If you can swing it...Go buy it!

Funny thing is, I originally wanted the all blue Sidewinder, but for 18 that only comes in a 137, and I really wanted a 129. You can get the 50th anniversary Edition for "18"in a 129 or a 137. And the more I kept looking at the 50th anniversary, the more I liked it, and I ended up going with that. Just hope it looks as good in real life as it does in pictures.

My LTX with Curves is exactly 121'' from ski tip to bumper & 127'' to bottom of extended flap. I believe it will fit in 10' trailer, but may have to pull into angle of cap a bit & bungee flap down...

My LTX with Curves is exactly 121'' from ski tip to bumper & 127'' to bottom of extended flap. I believe it will fit in 10' trailer, but may have to pull into angle of cap a bit & bungee flap down...

I agree Steve. You would have to push it into the bulge of the cap like you say which would give you the few extra inches that is needed.

He needs to go buy that Winder!!

You thinking of buying it used? Or is there a new "leftover" you found? I'm pretty sure the 137 is gonna fit in your trailer, so just go and do it lol. If you pass it up, you'll be kicking yourself come November when the season starts to gear up!! None of us need to spend 15-16 thousand dollars on a machine that we can only use 3 months, but that's what makes this sport so special....it only comes for a few months a year, and then it's gone. Only to return 9 months later with renewed anticipation!! If you can swing it...Go buy it!

Funny thing is, I originally wanted the all blue Sidewinder, but for 18 that only comes in a 137, and I really wanted a 129. You can get the 50th anniversary Edition for "18"in a 129 or a 137. And the more I kept looking at the 50th anniversary, the more I liked it, and I ended up going with that. Just hope it looks as good in real life as it does in pictures.
Yeah the sled I'm looking at is used,but it only has 836 kms on it.The dealer that has it is about 3.5 hrs away from where I live so if I do follow through with buying this sled then I need to make darned good and sure it will fit before I go to all the trouble to haul the trailer all the way there.I saw the pics for the sled on the dealers web site and it just hit me,to the point that I felt like I really need this sled.Plus the colour scheme is the one I would have bought new if I had ordered it to start with.I'll see if I can still find the pics of it and post them.

Attachments

• RED LTX Sidewinder.jpg
    RED LTX Sidewinder.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Red LTX Sidewinder 2.jpg
    Red LTX Sidewinder 2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 329
Yeah the sled I'm looking at is used,but it only has 836 kms on it.The dealer that has it is about 3.5 hrs away from where I live so if I do follow through with buying this sled then I need to make darned good and sure it will fit before I go to all the trouble to haul the trailer all the way there.I saw the pics for the sled on the dealers web site and it just hit me,to the point that I felt like I really need this sled.Plus the colour scheme is the one I would have bought new if I had ordered it to start with.I'll see if I can still find the pics of it and post them.

Wow, that looks nice! Sentinel Handguards, what looks to be a stealth wheel kit on the rear axle too. If I were you, I'd find somebody who has a 137 inch track and try to fit it in my trailer as fast as I could lol!!!

Back