• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Luggage

IMG_1941.PNG
Snow beast Is there any chance you have a good closeup of your ice scratchers ?
Have a set and not sure where to put them , and how to get them hooked up when not in use .

I used the flex cable style on the inside of 6.9 pilots and they worked great. On a hard pack Icy trail sled was running in the upper 190's. Dropped the cables and temp dropped to mid 170's right away. Seems to kick up the snow and ice at the right spot to cool.

Have a set and not sure where to put them , and how to get them hooked up when not in use .
I will see what I can find,the scratchers sometime just pop back up into there holding area,and other times they pop down,darn things have a mind of there owne lol,see what I can find.

I think this one is the best one to view,but I can try and take a close up,next time I go to my buddy,s house where sled is.

Attachments

• IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 223
View attachment 122820 View attachment 122818 View attachment 122819 I just installed the sidewinder expandable tunnel bag, (which instructions clearly state it's a Viper bag, btw) and I can easily fit a Roto-pak 1 gallon gas can, with a lot of room to spare. I tried the roto 2 gallon can, and it fit.....although the cap is a tight fit. Perhaps not as glamorous as the Linq stuff, or powder keg....it's sure a lot less bulky and odd looking. But that's just my personal preference.

Hopefully, my pictures are not too grainy. It's an old iPad!

I'm not exactly sure what the foam insert really does....it doesn't fit exactly right. I'm guessing for the back end?
Notice the foam base, and straps inside.
Hopefully this helps someone like myself, who isn't familiar with Viper gear.

Q. Arrius
That's a great idea,i wonder if with the 2 gal roto I would still have room in there for my qt. of torco and belt,and few tools?

I posted another pic,same side as pic above,but it does not look any clearer,i may go over and snap another one for you bro.

I will see what I can find,the scratchers sometime just pop back up into there holding area,and other times they pop down,darn things have a mind of there owne lol,see what I can find.
Just put a hook!
Wonder why he put them forward on the ski, mine are rear-wards
7ca85b99c74791984eb3271c97a20b0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

I had them (scratchers) on my vector mounted on rails and on the skis on the apex. The rail mounted always stayed hooked to the rails when I didn't want them deployed. Drawback is they will wear a groove in your rail quickly. Most guys mount a stainless eyebolt to hook them in. If I mount in this manner on the sidewinder I will run the bolt thru one of the rail windows and use a piece of aluminum on each side if the rail to use as a clamp. Do the same with the eyebolt or use a piece of firehouse on the rail with hose clamps to hold it ans then hook them on top of the hose. Travis at barn of parts sells a mount to attach to the ski bolts. I run that on the apex. Works good but they are always deployed. They don't stay in stowed position. Both installs work fine but rail mounted ones put more snow in the skid and help lube slides much better.

I had them (scratchers) on my vector mounted on rails and on the skis on the apex. The rail mounted always stayed hooked to the rails when I didn't want them deployed. Drawback is they will wear a groove in your rail quickly. Most guys mount a stainless eyebolt to hook them in. If I mount in this manner on the sidewinder I will run the bolt thru one of the rail windows and use a piece of aluminum on each side if the rail to use as a clamp. Do the same with the eyebolt or use a piece of firehouse on the rail with hose clamps to hold it ans then hook them on top of the hose. Travis at barn of parts sells a mount to attach to the ski bolts. I run that on the apex. Works good but they are always deployed. They don't stay in stowed position. Both installs work fine but rail mounted ones put more snow in the skid and help lube slides much better.
Man i get lots of snow directly to the front of skid, temp is always steady at 76 and even at 8c outdoors, work awesome

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.
Nice sled , O ya I have the same !

Mechanical install is very straight forward. I had to create wire harness for lighting, mount lighting etc, plus I had to cut it since I wanted to keep the factory tool bag and touch up the finish.

Now to figure out first trip to ride.
I really like what you did! Couple questions, how does it mount exactly? Also, what do you mean about the rear light, you moved it? Any recent pics?
Cheers :)

Multi day packed
IMG_0027.JPG

Day ride pack
IMG_0021.JPG

The Pro Series rack bolts down to the top of the tunnel with 6 bolts. Since I cut off a portion of the rack to retain the factory storage bag I only bolted with only 4. The light harness only refers to my personal LED augmentation of the running taillight and brake light. This setup served me very well with only the shock cord tie down being a bit of a hassle (compared to say LinQ latches). Once tied up nothing moves and it allows for tying down almost anything particularly backpacks.

This is a sidewinder listed exspandable bag,much like the one up top who has a roto pax loaded into it,now I like that idea. Mine is sma-8ly63-00-bk and works good,but the funky steel plate that this cat chassie has to mount the seat to,well cover that spring type plate with tape,or it will wear into bag.

Ive got the same bag..IDEA...get some of the black adhesive door edge guard and cut and apply to that metal tab!

I need another set of straps with the hooks for that bag...anyone know where I can score?

View attachment 128148

I used the flex cable style on the inside of 6.9 pilots and they worked great. On a hard pack Icy trail sled was running in the upper 190's. Dropped the cables and temp dropped to mid 170's right away. Seems to kick up the snow and ice at the right spot to cool.
I have seen this done and i have heard of the cables being cut off by the carbides. I think i will mount them inside the ski like yours and keep them way to the rear so they can't get under the keel.

Still weeding through the potential purchases this fall ....Like the quick detach feature of LinQ. For you guys that have the Whiteout Technologies or Up North LMP1 (Seems like both require a little drilling to mount), are any advantages to either bracket over the other?

Back