• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Riser Options

fatchance

Lifetime Member
Just looking for some feedback on what everybody has gone with for handlebar risers. Even at 5'9" they felt low after standing a while.
Are the stock risers on the LTX models 5.5"?
(Forgot to measure and my sled is 3 hrs away!)

I ordered one thru @Superman. Believe he has a few left from his business. I am at 7 inch and it is perfect for me at 6'0"

Plus, I needed something to mount my GPS

20170127_151555.jpg

Powermadd 8" riser and a SPI heated bag that fits perfect together with the riser. The handlebar height feels very close to the stock Viper MTX. The blue is a BTX...
20170129_151210_resized_1.jpg
20170129_151304_resized_1.jpg

NOS, that's a Lake Effect correct? I didn't think he had any blue ones left? I actually was eyeing the one on my Apex thinking it might be collecting dust with the SW new to the stable.

Is the Powermadd the 4.25" wide or the narrow riser? Only reason I ask is because their site doesn't even list the SW. And my sled is 200 miles from me!

NOS, that's a Lake Effect correct? I didn't think he had any blue ones left? I actually was eyeing the one on my Apex thinking it might be collecting dust with the SW new to the stable.

Is the Powermadd the 4.25" wide or the narrow riser? Only reason I ask is because their site doesn't even list the SW. And my sled is 200 miles from me!

Narrow

I used the lake effect 2.5" pivot riser that i had on my apex for my winder and it puts the bars at perfect height! i am 6'

I used the lake effect 2.5" pivot riser that i had on my apex for my winder and it puts the bars at perfect height! i am 6'
The 2.5" pivot riser works with just about every Yamaha. Infact it should work with just about every late model Arctic Cat and Polaris for that matter. The overall width of these 3 manufacturers stock risers are very close. The only one that it won't work with is Ski-doo as they're risers are over 1" wider than the others.

Attachments

• apex25-1.jpg
    apex25-1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 474
I opted for the Powermadd adjustable 5-8" riser myself. works great and looks good!

I have a 5 to 8" adjustable DOO riser on my Winder and works great.
I have used it since 2013 , first on my 800 DOO renegade to my 14 Viper to my 15 Apex to my 16 1200 renegade to my 17 Winder.
It is very sturdy and easy to move the bars up or down depending on the riding conditions.

Back