• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder vs MPI 180 supercharged nytro

furg69

Expert
Anyone line these two sleds up ? I have a MPI 180 SC nytro xtx and I recently had the chance to test ride a new sidewinder with 750 kilometers so its broken in. The nytro felt wayyy quicker off the line then the stock sidewinder. Anyone have any real world side by side results with these two ?

My MCXpress nytro feels much quicker off the line as well, but is clutched and has longer paddle track due to being an MT-X model. Once the sidewinder is clutched for the power I'd think it would really wake up and be comparable to the nytro.

The SC Nytro will be into boost quicker as it's belt driven of the crank, thus being quicker in the bottom end. As I understand it, SC sled will have hole shot advantage while turbo will have longer legs.

Superchargers are quicker. Ever see a Top Fuel Funny Car with a turbo? The trick is hooking it up. Lowering the engagement rpm will cushion the launch, thus maintaining traction. Haven't run against a Sidewinder yet, but i can say 800's are no match so far. You don't ride a supercharged Nytro, you hang onto a supercharged Nytro.

The sidewinder is a different animal.
Test drove one this past spring, it feels slower than the nytro. The power delivery is so smooth it's sneaky.
My nytro with hindle exhaust, pcv, K&N filters, clutch kit feels stronger but it isn't!

Lined up with my buddies super charged nytro, pulled out even but by 300 feet the sidewinder was ahead and pulling away.

The nytro is a funner sled to ride, has more grunt. The sidewinder doesnt have the same lift the skis anywhere feel like the nytro. If you're into mountains or lake racing the sidewinder would be a blast.

Just my opinion.

I just reread the thread I got my clock cleaned started by shagnos, looks like the guy with the mcx nytro put a hurtin on those sidewinders in the video. Shagnos also claims the mcx guy has supercharged nytro that will out run the mcx. maybe shagnos ran him last winter. I love this site , full of great info!

Anyone line these two sleds up ? I have a MPI 180 SC nytro xtx and I recently had the chance to test ride a new sidewinder with 750 kilometers so its broken in. The nytro felt wayyy quicker off the line then the stock sidewinder. Anyone have any real world side by side results with these two ?

Oh all too real. Got spanked bad last season, have not had my #*$&@ paddled like that since grade school. Hope to make up for it this year.......sigh

A good set up apex will beat a stock sw its on you tube I know the guys apex it works good its a fact now reflash and exhaust its a different story

Iam not full of it go to YouTube and watch apex vs sindwinder island lake a bone sdtock sw will not run with this sled yes its got controllers and set up well

I watched these videos as well. I also watched a video of a sidewinder beating up on a new 850 etec and I know an apex won't pull an 850 etec from a dead stop. So many variables and you never know what's done to the apex. Also, someone commented that it actually wasn't a sidewinder but rather a viper.

IMG_2337.PNG
This looks like a viper to me but I could be wrong.

Back