• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinders on asphalt April 23rd, Mid Michigan Motorplex

Running 8900-9000 rpm. 10 tooth 2.52 drivers which is 115 mph without overdrive. I'm at 129 mph in 1/4. 14 mph overdrive is pretty good. I'm running an aftermarket skid. Pro Stock Inc. next gearset going in is 27/43. Hope to pull 135-140 mph in 1/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good,seems a lot are going back to the 2.52 pitch drivers,sense that is the only ones who have any drivers with more teeth than stock 9,but what is the pitch of the asphalt tracks,i bet you have to run the 2.52 correct.

Sounds good,seems a lot are going back to the 2.52 pitch drivers,sense that is the only ones who have any drivers with more teeth than stock 9,but what is the pitch of the asphalt tracks,i bet you have to run the 2.52 correct.

Yep 2.52 pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 136 asphalt tracks are 2.52 only pitch offered in that length

I just got home from testing my asphalt setup my winder is 100% stock I'm even using stock clutching just with different rivets fastest time tonight was a 10.3 at 124mph looking for low 9s is the goal looks like a tune is in order!

IMG_0675.JPG

It took a little suspension tuning but now it hooks hard made 13passes on 8jp belt and it still looks like new!

Good work guys,looking good,not bad for a first year sled,with no one doing any last year testing to compare to,any time you can run in the 120,s in 1/4 mile track with stock sled,is good in my book.

Nos-Pro and Shagman it was nice to meet you both on Saturday at the motor plex. I want to thank you both for the time you spent talking clutching and gearing with me. Also congrats to Shagman on a runner up finish.

Back