• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid shock removal?

X2 if you don't remove the retainers at the torsions. I just unbolt the torsion retainers from the rails and lay them aside. With the spring tension off, it is simple to move the rear arm around to the desired location so that the bolt holes line up.
First thing I do to those spring retainers is grind off the top of the hole spring goes in. This allows you to pop spring off without Unbolting. They are only fully looped for racing so spring isn't popped off when hit with a ski from others.

Who has change front skid shock spring to a 160lb spring and was it easy to install by just taking out top bolt and laying shock down to install?

Thanks rebell 14, I hope to put mine in tomorrow , I run Mohawk skis and they have a deep keel, but they float good off trail !

Who has change front skid shock spring to a 160lb spring and was it easy to install by just taking out top bolt and laying shock down to install?
I just did mine a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty easy. The only hard part is the top bolt. It's so long that it touches the gusset on the front arm and it makes it a little hard to get it out and in. Nothing terrible. Next time I have the skid out, I'll grind a couple of millimeters off the gusset and repaint.

Anyone removed the 4 internal idler wheels without taking skid out? The front should be easy the back 2 by rear shock might be more of a challenge.

You can replace all wheel bearings or wheels except the top two that bolt to the tunnel and the tri-hub or 4th wheel kit without removing the skid.

Thanks for the reply, do you recall if you had loosen the rails to get the wheels off shaft?

Back