• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled helmets, what does everyone wear and why?

Picked up this Bell SC-R at my local AC shop for $100 OTD. Can't wait to try it. I've always worn open face MX helmets, and it was time for a new one. It's a little tight getting my glasses squeezed in, but I might try contacts again this year. Probably will tape off some of the vents, too.

Attachments

• 2011-Bell-SC-R-Deviant-Helmet-Deviant.jpg
    2011-Bell-SC-R-Deviant-Helmet-Deviant.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 313

I have two HJC AC-X2's, both with breath boxes and both with Castle Dual Lens Winter Yello Goggles. I also run either a Under Armor or Klim balcalva. My biggest advice is a helmet is not a internet purchase. Try a bunch of them on, try a bunch of different goggles. Get what fits your head. Trying to justify the $125 for some 509's, hands down the best pair of goggles I have tried on.

Irv said:
I ended up picking a HJC Hellion helmet with an electric shield the other day, it fits great and has some great features so hopefully my fogging face shield days are over? ;)!
http://www.upnorthsports.com/Product/pr ... 98&pc=2422

Forgot about this post.

Just an update, after spending last winter with no fogging issues what so ever, I have no idea why I waited so long to get an electric shield?

I love my helmet, it is warm, comfy and Snell rated but best of all is definitely the electric shield ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 293
I just picked up a GMAX GM54S. LED on the back, tons of vents, modular and built-in sunshade. It has curtains along the whole bottom that should stop alot of the wind/noise that modulars usually have trouble with. Wish I could give a proper review but I guess it'll have to wait till I have some snow. Just got the double lens sheild since I don't have any power outlets on my sled anyway.

http://www.g-max.com/gmax/gm54Sthrottle.html

Wearing 509 helmet with breath guard and 509 sinister goggles, no issues.. I went from the traditional style helmet to this snowcross style helmet because I like the amount of fresh hair I get, no issues with fogging at all and no more sun in my eyes :) love it!

BVS2! I loved my Cat TTi Fogging was nil, but I wanted a helmet I don't have to take off to talk. Pain to communicate at a trail intersection or figuring out a map plan. The BVS2 fit the bill with a built in sunvisor as bonus! I have no trouble recommending it!

Back