• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slydog skis and darting

wacnstac

Pro
Now that I have some miles on my Slydogs, I concur with the opinions of most here that they dart a lot. After dropping that money on the skis and the mount modifications to get them on, I'm not about to abandon them. I notice the darting is worse when my wife is on the back of the sled.

Are there some dual carbides that will work with these skis? I am running 6" singles now. Would 3" be the right size for dualies?

I've been running 7" Powder hounds for 2 years and they are a great ski ! I have Snow trackers on them now and they Rail. If you don't want to spring for the Trackers some Slim Jim"s with a shim in the back of the ski rubber works awesome, Before the Trackers I ran Bergstrum Triple points with a shim on the rubber worked great. First thing I would check is the ski Alignment make sure they are towed out about 1/4" to 3/8"

I'm toed out at about 3/8". Might try the Accord doubles if they are just bolt on.
Have you shimmed the ski rubbers? Slydog used the same bolt pattern as the C&A ski's

I had Slydogs and I also have the Double Downs on another pair of skis (Camoplast All-Terrain) that I'm currently running with and I can tell you that the DD will not fit on the Dogs even if you find a set with the same mounting stud configuration. They are just too wide for the Dogs and their skinny keels. That's why Accord doesn't list the Dogs. Only ones I could see to fit on the Dogs are Bergstroms and possibly Woody's Slim Jims.

I had Slydogs and I also have the Double Downs on another pair of skis (Camoplast All-Terrain) that I'm currently running with and I can tell you that the DD will not fit on the Dogs even if you find a set with the same mounting stud configuration. They are just too wide for the Dogs and their skinny keels. That's why Accord doesn't list the Dogs. Only ones I could see to fit on the Dogs are Bergstroms and possibly Woody's Slim Jims.
Hmm, glad I checked here first before I bought.

One way to be sure if to contact Accord. I loved the Dogs but the darting was just too much for me.

No, just by observation of the size of the DD and the size of the Dogs' keel, it would stick out on each side. Don't know what kind of effect that could have. Might make it steer better by scooping more snow? On my All-Terrains, they are the full width of the keel. Not at home right now so I can't do any measurements.

I can tell you my Snowtrackers stick out from the edge of the keel on both sides and no Ill effect yet!

upload_2017-2-7_10-1-16.jpeg
upload_2017-2-7_10-1-29.jpeg
after reading the whole thread on the double downs and how bad they push I would maybe try an SLP Keel Blade first . Less push , much less darting and better control. I have run them before and have great luck. much cheaper than new carbides

Back