• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

snowmobile and woods/hunting gps use

slowride06er

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex
Anyone use there GPS to hunt and snowmobile? If so what one? I'd like the best of both worlds

I use mine for hunting, snowmobiling and ATVing but it is an older Lorance I-Finder Hunt. My pick at present would be a Garman Montana. Only thing holding me back is to find out how to transfer about 60 trails or tracks. Years of walking, ATVing and snowmobiling that I don't want to lose.

Thanks for reply I'm at a loss as to what 1 I should pick I want top speed average speed and distance. I'm not sure how they work as far as features but I do want Upper Michigan trail map and Wisconsin trail map also would like to have a land map of public land in Wisconsin. The only map I have seen was on a friends hand held not sure model for hunting. I'm doing a lot research as of now. Hunting season is only a couple weeks away

I use mine for hunting, snowmobiling and ATVing but it is an older Lorance I-Finder Hunt. My pick at present would be a Garman Montana. Only thing holding me back is to find out how to transfer about 60 trails or tracks. Years of walking, ATVing and snowmobiling that I don't want to lose.

you can use this http://www.gpsbabel.org/ to comvert your GPS data from one format to another and not only save your data but use it in a different unit as well. I have used it for years with no issues, and it's free.

you can use this http://www.gpsbabel.org/ to comvert your GPS data from one format to another and not only save your data but use it in a different unit as well. I have used it for years with no issues, and it's free.
Thanks provfisherman, I will look into it.

slowride06er, most all have top speed, average speed and distance. I would stick with Garman as the are likely the most popular. GPS City has good prices both US and Canada. Might also find a good used one at a better price.

Back