• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers for 2005 Rage

josnow

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Rage
Alright so have read all the bad and good about snowtrackers and have decided I'm going to give em a shot.

Looked on their site for the appropriate part number and I'm a bit confused. There are different part numbers for a 2003-2005 rage and 2006-2007 rage. Yamaha did not make a rage until 2005 and I thought all year Rages had the same skis so I am confused as to which part number I need. Anybody know anything about this? Also I am undecided if I should get the agressive or semi agressive. I am picked with 108 but am pretty ingnorant when it come to skid setup so I was thinking semi's which should just require zero toe and taking pressure off the skis which I can handle. Thoughts?

If you are pic'd then I would go with the Aggressives.

Look where it says All 4s ex below ......................... 06-15
http://www.royaldistributing.com/Catalogues/Main/2017-Fall-Winter/#263/z
Thanks Steiner but am still a bit confused. Looks like aggressive it is but I have and 05 rage so based on this sheet I would need the 08-19414. While 06 and up would need 08-19412. Wasn't aware of any major difference in ski between the years. Tried to email snowtracker but email bounced back underliverable. I can get a super deal on the 08-19414 just want to make sure they are correct for my sled.

Got it figure out. 19414 is for skis with aluminum saddles. 19412 is for saddleless skis

Rage ski had a deeper keel so studs are longer. The aluminum saddle ski also required longer studs so that's why they share same part number.

I was told by snowtracker that the aluminum saddle ski has a slightly different profile. Carbides are essentially the same but the curvature of the dual runner portion is slightly different

Ok, so got some agressives. I know they require zero toe. Instructions say remove ski pressure with front shocks and skid for the agressive.

I have read some post on here saying zero toe and remove ski pressure with front shocks only no rear skid adjustment even with agressives.

Any thoughts or feedback from anyone with first hand experience?
Thanks

Back