• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Soft start spring

pedros83

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX
Does anyone no what spring to use for the primary to lower engagement for smoother take off? I know BOP sells them but looking for something on the canadian side. There a yamaha spring or any other spring that will accomplish the same result?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I'm getting mine installed this week
Primary spring
YPY # 90501-581L5-00
14,5 gram rollers
#8CR-17624-00 or
#8FG-17624-00
This set is supposed to drop clutch engagement down to 2900-3000 rpm

So i need the ypy spring and rollers? How much for everything from dealer? Thats one thing i no nothing about really is clutching

Can you not just change the spring to lower engagement? Whats the purpose of changing the rollers?

I bought two BOP soft start springs last year, it's worth the exchange and shipping. Rollers and spring do the same for a lot more money although they do minimize engine braking as well which the soft start spring doesn't do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought two BOP soft start springs last year, it's worth the exchange and shipping. Rollers and spring do the same for a lot more money although they do minimize engine braking as well which the soft start spring doesn't do.

Thanks chris. Did you just purcahse it from his online store? How long did it take to get to you?

Pm him and he will quote you shipping. I had them within a week of ordering. Put one on my Nytro and one on my viper. Really liked the results.

Pm him and he will quote you shipping. I had them within a week of ordering. Put one on my Nytro and one on my viper. Really liked the results.

Thanks!

From everything I've read on TY and asked about everyone seems to be using the YPY spring and 14.5 rollers as a pair.
From what I've read and heard the spring does most of engagement part where as the rollers help on the clamping force. More bottom and mid range torque( I guess it pulls pretty hard)

I'm more after the driving at low speeds and getting rid of the jerky mess and engine break
At low speeds.
Everyone seems to say this set up will almost eliminate the engine break. Atleast make it more enjoyable at low speeds which I am after.

You don't nessicerly need the roller from what other guys say but it does make a difference.

I'm Canadian
So prices are
Spring $39
Rollers $50/each x3

I don't know much about clutching either but I try and do homework on it

Best advice is to search in TY
14,5 gram rollers and YPY spring
There's a lot of reading buts it's very helpful and the guys on here are very helpful

Is the ypy yamaha spring the same spring the BOP sells?

I have no clue. Sorry

Here's a chart if that helps any.

Attachments

• IMG_1703.PNG
    IMG_1703.PNG
    319.1 KB · Views: 6,219
I don't believe so, it doesn't Noticeably change your clutching except for low end engagement...makes a big difference there...you can actually creep the sled...beautiful for loading or maneuvering in tight spaces.

Use the YPY SHORT Spring. This short spring brings my XTX engagement down to about 3100 . No need for the expensive rollers.

Use the YPY SHORT Spring. This short spring brings my XTX engagement down to about 3100 . No need for the expensive rollers.
Ok thanks four load, did you notice a big difference in smoother engagement? Any major drawbacks to not changing the rollers?

Much smoother engagement. By using a short primary spring you can get really low on the initial preload. This helps grab the belt better at slow speeds. Most people go the roller/tall spring route which would give similar results. My sled has a great holeshot.

Back