• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ!!!!

Sasquatch said:
I like to think I'm responsable about my drinking and am in no way concerned about what one beer taken with a meal will do to my mind once its in my 325pd body. Others around me may take that the wrong way or follow suit and I in no way want to be responsible for that or have those thinking I'm a hazard. In this I was selfish and only thinking of me.

So again I'm sorry it won't happen again. Am I forgiven?

Ditto to above, sasquatch .

Not only do I appologize to the group for my little mishap with bountyhunter on the trail (pre-beer). But also for having a beer at an unapropriate time (before the ride was done). Looking forward to next year! No hard feelings? Ride safe, don't become a statistic!

I am with you Brian...it my main goal...have fun be safe and no drinking....it the best way ....its bad enough the other things that could happen let alone adding alcohol to the mix...and Joe...it happens, just thank god it was you pride that was hurt and not anything else ;)!

Absolutly ;)!

Hey Joe I had Rosemary pulling me around the yard on the old chassis with a rope yesterday I thought it handled pretty good. May have to make an adjust or two :D

Already looking forward to next years ride see ya then ;)!

LMAO....you won't have to double next year...just strap her on that extra chassis.. lol

If the chassis still needs adjustment, I know of someone who does "on trail" adjusments... although my methods could use some refinement...lol

srxtwins said:
I didn't know who got the beer...just seen it coming to the table. When I made mention of seeing it on the ride was for one simple reason. For the most part I put that ride together for everyones enjoyment anfter having done that and getting you all here it follows that I should also be concious of your safety. The beer coming to the table just was another small thing to be considered in the whole picture.

Yes responcibility. Its not about taking away ones right to a beer with supper. Its about having a beer and then having others worry about you. Worrying takes away from the fun. That sucks! I'm just not used to people other that my wife worrying about me. You old softy you! LOL :tg:

I will say this...the group of ty riders that attended the manitoba ride were responsible well behaved riders who set an example that we can be proud to be associated with.

And the orginizer and his wife are fine people who went out of thier way to make the ride a memerable one. Thank you! ;)!

[/quote]

Boy it took a long time to get through all these posts. I may have been an offender at Seven Sister. Scary part is I can't remember if I had a beer with my meal. I asked Wilson and he also can't remember if I had one. So Brian I was sitting with you it's up to you to help me out.

I am with Sasquatch I had no idea that there was a 0 tolerance on TY rides so if I was an offender I apologize to all. Futher I have no problem with that rule. Next year I will definately be staying at the hotel and will wait for the hot tup beers.

Much has been said about about the group of us that was out front and I was part of that group. Actually had the time of my life. Although we may have been pushing it a little I seen nobody that was not acting responsibly. In fact I have never seen a group of 25 or 30 sledders act so responsibly and that is a compliment to all.

So if I was an offender I apologize and if I wasn't DAM YOU SASQUATCH.

I have lost a few freinds in snowmobile accidents,common factor "speed".I am 38 and have been riding high prformance sleds since i was 14.throughout the 80`s myself and a group of very capable riders would hit the trails and it would be a day long race.At the start of the 90`s we started to meet sleds on the trail..before that we rarely meet anyone.The close calls started happening and i started to think of how i would feel if on one of these corners that i would be hanging off my sled as hardd as i could good go i met another sled and hit them.i`ve always been confident that i could get around them but they may not do the same.bottom line i would be my fault because the way i was driving.I could not enjoy myself going slow!!!i always used my vacation time to sled ,i grass dragged,iwas was eat,sleep breathe snowmobiles and i just Quit the sport flat out because it was only a matter of time.now although i still like the speed i drive only like that where i can see way ahead(series of fields etc..)and know the cond. of the trail..plus i have 2 little ones at home who depend on me.i really don`t drive to the xtreme i used to and i consider myself lucky to get away with what i did.Think about what everyone has to loose when you get on the gas hard in a public system. :rocks:

Ive been in similar instencies, with friends dieing. Some drinking others not!!. I have been thing obout this for a few days after reading. With getting older and starting a new family and having a baby GIRL in a couple days.I pledge to slow down and be her for my Family, Although some of this is not in my control. Ive put lots of MILES on And ROAD HARD AND FAST, NEVER PUTTING ANYONE IN DANGER!!!, BUT I WILL SLOW DOWN AND LOOK AT MY SURROUNDINGS AND BE MORE AWARE. Please everyone think about this!! ;)!

If you feel the need for speed the weekends are NOT a good time for that at all too many families and groups so just go with the flow and be conservative and considerate to others stay on your side of the trail always and watch out for idiots.

Rage2005Yamaha said:
If you feel the need for speed the weekends are NOT a good time for that at all too many families and groups so just go with the flow and be conservative and considerate to others stay on your side of the trail always and watch out for idiots.

I think everybodt needs a wake upcall from time to time!!! :shock:

Well that is hard to read, as it sound so much like the "after accident things that I have had to go throught 2 2 many times now. Once was many years ago when my at the time college roomate ran his YZF 600 into the the back of a boat and trailer at over 60+ and accelerating, yes he was speeding, totally sober-middle of the day, trailer that he hit didn't have working lights- he didn't even think it was slowing down/stopped. I was behind him on my Ninja and he never even hit the brake, there was glare and he accelerated right into it- I headed for the shoulder and made it past - only to run up and join other motorist trying to help, there wasn't any help to offer- making the call to parents is hardest thing ever done in lifetime. Then, last winter buddy who had been snowmobiling with for 15 years+ missed corner and hit tree with sled- broke his back(has recovered) and it trully changes everthing. He had been drinking(NOT A LOT) but none the less-we all have had many discussions about this and will be changing our ways. It happens sooooo fast and there is no way to explain the feelings during and after. If anyone reading this hasn't experianced this please do everthing in your power to keep it that way-whatever it takes, your friends will see it your way eventully.

That is a tough thing loosing someone you care about. I remember being in Iraq and seeing people get killed and it is amazing how fragile the human body is.

Now, with that said there are a few things that I don't like. First of all is people who drink too much and then ride. If I am going to have a few beers I do it when I am done riding for the night. I only drink water or pop when I am riding, never any type of alcoholic drink. Snowmobiling is just too intense of an activity to slow your reaction. I remember years ago when I was much younger we rode up to some people we knew and they were out riding and you could tell some were intoxicated. It just was not a good situation for anyone out riding.

I would agree that speed limits are a bad thing, but with sleds getting more and more advanced we need to be aware of what we are doing. You SHOULD NOT be riding down a public trail at 80MPH! A few years ago I was riding about 40 MPH and was starting to slow down for a corner when there was a person that came around a blind corner at a very high rate of speed. I knew there was nothing I could do, but slow down and take my sled off the trail to try and get out of the way. Well it all happened so quickly and he was totally out of control. WHAM! He slid his tunnel right into the front end of my sled. Luckly for me he hit my ski spindle and this was on a '97 AC Cougar. The ones with the good old steel AWS 3 spindles. All it did was put a small dent in my belly pan and ruin my spindle decal. His whole tunnel was caved in. The impact pushed me right off the trail and I flew off over the hood into a snow bank.

I think that is the last time I ever yelled at anyone like that!!! I don't know if it is right to yell at a stranger, but I did yell at him as he came down into the ditch to help me out. He was very sorry and seemed like a nice enough guy, but I told him he needed to SLOW DOWN! I could have been a kid for all he knew out riding with my family or if I had been going fast myself it could have turned out to be a total disaster. If it had hit in a different place as well it could have broke my leg. I don't mean to stereotype him, but he was around 20 years old and had racing stickers all over the sled and you could tell it was modified. I told him if he wanted to race, go to an approved course and stay off the trail.

I just though this would be a good place to post my concern with safety while riding. I am not perfect and I have been known to get a little wild at times, but I try to keep in mind what happened to me to slow down and think about what come around that next corner.

Back