• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ!!!!

Loosing Friends

I lost a good friend three years ago. He was drinking heavy and was on his way back to camp. Got sucked into deep snow and hit a tree at around 60 to 70 mph. He lived for a month. They took his arm and shoulder off because it had been mangled. He was in a como for the month. He never came back to. He always rode over the top even when he was sober. For years all us and his family told him to slow down. His answer was always I am a good rider and always in control. Like playing Russian roulette, the chamber finally came up loaded. It is not just the drink it also the speed. All the studies I have seen it is speed and alcohol at the top. His death was a waste and stupid. He left behind a wife and family. They will never be the same. His wife is having a real hard time to this day. I ain't gonna preach. There has been enough over the years for autos, bikes, sleds and boats.

One could say it is selfish if you have wife and kids to be so reckless with your family's well being.

The day I think I am master over my machine is the day I will never set foot on my sled again. I also do not drink or will not ride with anyone who does drink. The chance of an accident is still there but is reduced if alcohol is not in the picture. Being a former alcoholic i personally have seen what alcohol can do. This is my opinion of drinking and driving.

Back